Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#58752 07/12/02 03:30 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I'm not trying to advertise my insurance but I wanted to let you fellow collectors know this. If you do not have antique or classic car and truck insurance you are probably paying a regular premium. Most collectors go through J.C. Taylor or Condon and Skelly. I switched my 46 pickup over to Condon and Skelly recently because I had some freinds with them and they had dirt cheap rates. I live in Louisiana which is considered a high risk state. I was paying $146.00 dollars a year on my truck for 50,000 liability only. I am now paying $55.50 a year for 100,000 liability and 5,000 coverage on my truck if it gets in a wreck. The only catch to this policy is this. The vehicle must be locked in a garage or building. It cannot be used commercially. You must have another primary vehicle for transportation and you can only put 2500 miles a year on the vehicle. I never drive more than 2500 miles a year with my truck anyways. The vehicle does not have to be restored either. You give them 4 pictures of the vehicle and you set the value. They give you a quote on the agreed value. Now if you go above 15,000 they require you to get it appraised before they will set the value. My glass is also covered in this policy. I just wanted to share that with you and let you know there is cheaper insurance for old vehicles out there. I also tried J.C. Taylor whose rates are the same but your vehicle has to be restored for them to cover it. Condon and Skelly's number is 1-800-257-9496 if anyone would like to call and get a free qoute. My freind who got me to switch to them has a 71 corvette stingray with a 454 and his coverage is for 13,000 on the car and 100,000 liability for $78.00 dollars a year. I just wanted to share this with you cause I think people should be able to enjoy old cars and get good coverage at a decent rate.

VCCA#:45524
1946 3100 Pickup
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy Very interesting ! chevy chevy

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
MBL, that's some good info for everyone to take advantage of. I've heard of those companies, but didn't know the rates were so good.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Yep Biggreen and a friend of ours also knows some people covered by them; who were involed in accidents and they covered the cars as the policy was covered for. I know I'm sticking with them.

VCCA#:45524
1946 3100 Pickup
xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
HAS G&D DONE AN ARTICLE COMPARING THE DIFFERENT OLD CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES? SEEMS LIKE AN ARTICLE LIKE THIS COULD HELP A LOT OF US IN THE HOBBY. IT IS DIFFICULT FOR THE INDIVUAL TO GET ALL OF THE NECESSARY INFORMATION - AND SOMETIMES THE "SALES PITCH" WITH DIFFERENT COVERAGES AND MONEY AMOUNTS AND DRIVING LIMITS, ETC. JUST SORT OF MAKES YOUR HEAD HURT. JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE.

IF THERE HAS BEEN AN ARTICLE WRITTEN CONCERNING THIS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO ACCESS THE INFORMATION, THANKS, GATOR

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
This is an online article about collector car insurance.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/fiw/articles/43007/article.html

I thought I fixed that!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.