Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BBB Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Without a doubt, one of the best companies in the business of Vintage Chevrolet parts is The Filling Station. They have most of the parts that you need for most of the older cars. They also have a great web site where you can order online.

The Filling Station Homepage

Give 'em a call at (800) 841-6622.

I wouldn't be saying this if I wasn't a very satisified cutomer of theirs for over 19 years!

--Bill (1931 and 1938 Chevrolets)

Bill Barker, Issaquah, WA
http://1931chevrolet.com
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
:) I agree with Bill! The Fillingstation is the best place to buy your parts. If they have the parts in stock they are shipped the same day you order them.

32 Confederate
Bruce S. DeFord
VCCA Judging Committee Chair

The Great American Value for 1932
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
You guys are dead right! Sometimes they seem a little on the pricey side , but, their merchandise is also on the high side in quality and their service is unbeatable (at least it has been for my 51 and 53 cars) All parts for these old cars are sometimes a major investment got a hobbiest so I found out a long time ago to GO WITH A QUALITY PRODUCT AND gOOD SERVICE.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I couldn't agree more guys. I have one of their honeycomb radiators and various other things in my 28 Roadster. Also I keep a listing on my website called Sources, Click On www.cybersurfers.net/~herb/sources.htm where I try to list all sources anyone has to recommend. Send me any you would like to see listed. Include website and e-mail addresses if they have them.
Herb
herb@cybersurfers.net

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
I also agree. Always good merchandise and extremely fast shipping. I have been using them for years and have NEVER had a problem. In my opinion the only other vendor that can compare with them is Chevys of the 40s.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Although I do agree that the Filling Station is a good place to buy parts and they have quality parts, I buy very few parts from them. The reason is the way they set up their parts numbering system.

I find it completely illogical for a company that sells parts to old cars not to use the numbering system setup by the original manufacturer. To me that is the same as trying to buy a plant from a garden center where they have decided to call everything by a different name then all the other centers. I am not an expert in every part that is/was/should be on my car so I rely very heavily on the original Chevrolet drawings, manuals, and numbers to determine if I have the correct part. If they don't use those numbers, I have know idea if they have the correct part or some other part.

Many of the parts I needed to do my restoration were not even on the car and I had no way to know what they looked like. The Filling station offers varieties of parts for the same aplication, some with chrome, some without, some with logo, some without. Most of the time they don't even differentiate between body styles. All I want to know is which one was on the car when it left the factory. If I look in the parts list from Chevy I get a number of the part I am supposed to have for my style and year of car but with the Filling Station that number is useless.

Because of that I buy the vast majority of my parts from Chev's of the 40's. They also include original Chevy blowup drawings in their catalogues that help out a lot in determining how to put your car back together. Unfortunatly for any of you with a much earlier Chevy, the Filling Station is your only hope.

Brian

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Don't give up hope altogether guys. For Early Four Cylinder Cars theres also C&P, Wallace Deck, Duane Goodness, EGGE Machine, Dick Moffett, Charles Mooney, Kesslers, Gary Wallace, and Snyder Automotive. No one is a one stop source but a couple come close. Contacts for these and others are all listed on my website. For the Sources Section click on
www.cybersurfers.net/~herb/sources.htm
Herb

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I would have to agree also. Another thing about them is the fact if they do not have it or you just need advice; they will get you numbers and addresses you can call. Filling Station is a definate. 3 other good sources are RB's Obsolete Chevy Duty, and Chevy's of the 40's.

VCCA#:45524
1946 3100 Pickup
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I understand that Kessler's is no longer in business. Does anyone have any further input on that? :confused: :eek:

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Hadn't heard that, but three years ago or so, his daughter and son-in-law took over the business. Lawrence and Arna have been seen vending at some events since then, but not the kids.

Bob Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Another good place to find parts for Chevies is The National Chevy Association in St Paul, MN. I have used them on my son's 1951 Chevy 4dr sedan and I like their service. I didn't see them posted, so I wanted to add them.
Bob

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Kesslers is now being run by grandson, Michael. Lawrence and Arna are still around and help Michael. They list parts on eBay fairly often as well as attend numerous swap meets. chevy

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.