Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#50772 12/21/05 06:11 AM
Lou Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
So where is all the information on the Grand Junction meet?

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
It will be appearing in the G&D starting next month. I also expect something will appear on this site by and by....
[Linked Image from vcca.org]

Check out this page. VCCA 45th

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Actually there have been three articles published in the G&D to date. One or two per issue for the next several months. Registration form in the Feb issue.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Well since we already have this month's issue maybe we will get some REGISTRATION AND SCHEDULE information soon!

Lou Offline OP
ChatMaster - 750
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 750
Hi Mr. Mack & Chipper, Thank you for the info. Don't I need to fill out an application? I went to Indi, Colorado Springs & Santa Rosa, but don't remember the details.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Lou The registration forms should be published in one of the up comeing issues of G&D. Hotel Reservations need to be made seperately, a list of the hotels appears on the VCCA.org site , look under events or go here.
VCCA 45th

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Full information on how to register, as well as a copy of the Official Registration Form are now available on the club's web site.
yipp

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
when i do the information or how to register nothing comes up . may have to waite for g&d

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Its necessary to down load the application to a file......I have done that but can not open the file?

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
The files are Acrobat .pdf format. They take a long time to download as they are very large files. So give them some time.

If you do not have Acrobat Editor (expensive program) on your computer you will not be able to open and fill in the blanks. You may need to download Acrobat Reader (available free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readermain.html) to see the files. Once open you should be able to print it to be filled out and sent in. You should also be able to save a copy by clicking "Save as" under File column on MS Windows computers. Those with Apples are on your own.

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Took awhile but mine came up.

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
I sure hope I am reading the schedule incorrectly. There are only two tours and you may attend only ONE. I have already heard some people complain and one to the point of not attending. Also the meet should be extended one more day, with banquet on Saturday evening. Long way for a lot of people to travel for only one tour. (Yes, I see the entry for tours on your own. However, we need more structured tours.)

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I am not the one making the decisions as to how many tours will be scheduled, That is up to the meet co-chairs and the touring chairperson, Bill Bradford, but as to the Two Tours scheduled as the plaque tours for the day set aside for touring, these two tours should take most of the day. There should be information on the differences of the two tours as the time shortens for the start of the meet. I expect to make the one not chosen another day, and have lunch on my own.

It seems to me that a rush to judgement about whether to attend the 45th Anniversary meet just from the information on the Registration Form is not a good idea. It may be a good idea to wait for more information on each tour to be published before making the decision as to which of the two tours to register for. The registration deadline is not until May 26, 2006....(Just My Humble Opinion)

Several other structured tours will be made available for members. But will not require pre-registration or pre-registration fees.

It is my understanding that the info. sheets for these "menu driven tours" will be available at the touring committee table in Grand Junction. The Touring Committee is working on the details and will be doing so until the meet deadline, I am sure..

yipp dance auto :cool2:

Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
It is my understanding that the info. sheets for these "menu driven tours" will be available at the touring committee table in Grand Junction. The Touring Committee is working on the details and will be doing so until the meet deadline, I am sure..
Based on all information available as we speak indicates the selection of one tour out of two possible tours. There is no indication of additional tours. If you plan to attend the Anniversary Meet you need to make the decision now based on all the published information. You don't spring a vacation on your employer at the last moment.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1933 Eagle, Coupe

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Ray,
It is truly a shame that some people (like the person not attending) will make decisions on what they hear from the uninformed or by assuming something that is not true.

You are indeed reading too much (or not enough) into the registration form. The registration form contains the items that are necessary for the meet committee to understand the number of people attending (or participating in) critical activities, collecting funds for the events that require individual payment and other critical information. It is does not reflect all of the activities held during the meet. Past and future articles in the G&D will further present more of the activities. The November '05 issue has a tentative schedule summary. Unfortunately the way it is written may leave doubts in readers minds.

On Thursday, July 6 there are two tours that include a lunch. You should pick one of the two to participate in. One goes to the top of Grand Mesa at 10+K feet altitude which is ~ 5000+ foot climb from Grand Junction. The other goes to Vega Lake State Park at a couple of thousand feet lower elevation. The alternate (Vega Lake) is for the vehicles that owners do not wish to drive over 150 miles round trip, up mountain grades and/or for those that might have medical limitations to altitude. For more information on the tours and sights in the area there is a one page writeup on page 5 of the December G&D.

The meet is what we are calling a Menu Meet. On several days there will be several simultaneous activities that you can choose from. It will not be possible to do everything. So you will need to pick what you want to do most.

Monday July 3, Tuesday July 4 and Friday July 7 are alternate tour days. A tour desk will be set up at the DoubleTree Hotel for information, tour route instructions, etc. Since the other tours do not include a lunch there is no additional cost to take one of them. At this time there are four and possibly five alternate tours. Some will take a full day and others only a few hours. If a person wishes they can spend every day touring the area but will miss a lot of other interesting events and activities.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Two questions-

Who is going to be the Chief Judge?

Can a HPOCF car be judged with the regular classes and still maintain the HPOCF standing for regular regional Meets?

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Roger Williams from Ohio is the Chief Judge, and Steve Leunig from Maine is the Assistant Chief Judge. HPOCF can compete in class judging at an Anniversary Meet and not jeopardize it's status. There will be HPOCF certification as well, but no decision has been reached if a vehicle can participate in both.
John Mahoney

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Hallo Dear chevy-friends,
i got it, i really got it.Not the latest G&D and not a roster with Europeen members yet - but the Meet information and the Registration Form. Thanks to the people who made such a good and solid job in such a short time!Now i can work through it carefully. Chipper: Your detailed In-formation was very interesting, the problems are similar to those in our German clubs. One question Gene:What are HPOCF cars?

Oldiotto
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Roger Williams from Ohio is the Chief Judge, and Steve Leunig from Maine is the Assistant Chief Judge.
Are they active on this forum so they are up to speed?

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1933 Eagle, Coupe

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Otto,

HPOCF cars are cars that are original.The car is divided into four different areas.Interior, exterior,engine compartment and undercarriage.They must be original in at least two of these four catagories.They are not judged but inspected and certified.The owner declares as to what areas he thinks are original and the car is inspected by "experts" and certified if it meets the standards.Small areas can be repainted, a new floor mat may installed etc. but it must be at least 75 percent original to be certified in a catagory.

This was formed so an original car could be awarded and the owner encouraged to keep it original and enjoy showing it.It gives others a chance to see what the original features looked like.

I have attended all the Anniversary Meets except one.Have enjoyed them all.Sure this one will be great also.Looks like a lot of things are planned, and by an able group of hard working people.The usual problem is that there are too many things to do and not enough time to do them all...... auto

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Chev Gene or anybody:

Please remind me on the "HPOCF" initials.

Historical Preservation of Chevy ...... ????

Thanks!

Bill.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Ray, Both Roger and Steve were recommended by Steve Scott based on their understanding and knowledge of the VCCA Judging system and rules, and efficiency they have displayed when they were Chief Judges at Area Meets. The paperwork from the meets that they supervised was spectacular! So to answer your question(s), I don't believe either one is active on the site, and as far as them "being up to speed" I am not really sure what you mean by that. Both men are active on the Judging Committee. Steve Leunig is now overseeing the Judges Training School and is putting together a new program. Roger was the Assistant Chief at Springfield. We feel very confident that they will do a very good job.
John Mahoney

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1988 Celebrity Wagon
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
That is good to know John.

If they were active here on the forum it would enhance their qualifications for the assigned duties.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1933 Eagle, Coupe

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Historical Preservation of Chevrolet Features....

Ray, Or add to the confusion and personal wishes and recommendations that have been espoused here on the Forum, where anyone can say whatever they choose regardless of it's factual content.

Maybe it is better that they are unawares of our chattering.....

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Hey MM,

Maybe they could just buy a good pair of hip boots. talk talk talk

ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
HPOCF translates to Historical Preservation of Chevrolet Features.... Thanks WMM.

So the car is 'certified' to be 75% original in 2 of 4 categories. It isn't 'judged' but rather it's 'certified.'

I take it that means there isn't a 'most' original car at the meet. And that there isn't a 'best' original at the meet. There's just simply some cars that get a plaque or 'certificate' or license topper that certify them as an 'official' HPOCF car.

I guess I don't see the point.

Bill.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
From the VCCA.org site: (2005 Judging manual revised...)
1. The Judging Process

Chief Judge and Assistant Chief Judge Responsibilities
… The Chief Judge and all personnel shall be members of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. It is recommended that the Chief Judge shall have, as his/her first assistant, the person that is to serve as Chief Judge for the next meet.
… Work with the National Judging Committee Chair, the National Awards Chair, the Meet Chair and the Area Judging Coordinator to insure that the high standards of the Vintage Chevrolet Club Judging Process are maintained uniformly from year to year.
… Maintain good contact and communication with the National Judging Chair, Area Judging Coordinator and National Awards Chair on judging and awards issues regarding their Meet.
… Responsible for the appointment of the HPOCF Certification Team which will evaluate the HPOCF class for that particular Meet. This team should be chosen from the database provided by the National Judging Records Coordinator.
… These team members must be experienced and knowledgable judges. The Chief Judge can select one team for the HPOCF certification at the meet or a number of different teams based on year and type of vehicle.
…

The Chief Judge, working with the Meet Chair, can schedule the HPOCF Certification during the Class Judging with all of the other vehicles or may schedule another separate time during the meet so that utilization of members who might be able to judge and be a member of the certification team. If the certification time is other than the class judging the Chief Judge must be sure that the HPOCF vehicles be displayed on the judging field during class judging and that there is sufficient time to process the appropriate award for the owner.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Actually HPOCF is Historical Preservation of Original Chevrolet Features.

Bill,
I don't mean to be critical but the preservation of original features is vital for the rest of us to understand how these vehicles were originally built. Using restored vehicles as examples is fraught with possible errors. To do that is to rely on the restorer to duplicate what was originally present from a possibly deteriorated condition and with materials and parts that are no longer available.

I consider HPOCF vehicles to be the pinnacle of all old Chevrolets. They don’t make them any more and once restored they are destroyed as examples forever. It doesn’t get more serious than that.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
My mistake!

So...HPOCF isn't a competition event, but instead an award for a level of acheivement, would that be a correct statement?

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Yes.....there is no 1st , 2nd, 3rd place,etc.

Once a vehicle has been certified in the given catagory, at following events those catagories are inspected and re-certified.
A catagory can not be certified (by restoring the area) once it has failed.But if it has deteriorated in a previously certified catagory it could be (un)certified.
Once it is certified you recieve an OVAL that must be displayed.

At regional events that I have attended all of the owners of certified cars recieved a trophy, same as the normal class judged cars.
Have no clue as to what will happen at the Anniversary Meet.

Last year I suggested once a car has been certified the owner should be give a card/sign to display noting which areas were certified.This would serve two functions.
In future meets the judge/expert would know what areas he is to inspect and recertify and the folks observing the car would also know areas are original.This would assist a person restoring a like car to know what is correct.

Example - A car could have the original paint and interior but the undercarriage and engine compartment repainted...As is the case with my '50..

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Maybe a bit off point, but can I enter my car {1941 Sp. Del. Coupe} if it was judged {once} before ?

My car was judged and those of you who know me know that I was and remain very pleased with the 974 points I received.

I would like to do a few things to my car for the national meet and maybe get some additional points. {I am planing on using the judges notes from the So Cal VCCA meet, Oct. 05 to know what to "fix up" but I have not received any notes/information back as yet}

So to repeat, may I enter my car again ? And, can I loose points ?
Thanks
Michael41

Michael
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Each time your car is judged at a regional meet will have no bearing on being judged at another regional meet.You may recieve 950 points at one meet and,with out doing anything to the car get 50 more or less points at the next meet.I would assume that , depending on how many other cars were in your class and their "condition", you probably attained a 1st Junior.If so this will not be reconized at the Anniversary National Meet.In a National Meet the cars in each class will be awarded a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.....with no regards to what their regional meet standings are and there are no Jouniors, Seniors, etc..A car that was never previously shown could have the honor of taking a first place.If taken to a regional meet the next week it would still be in the junior class.To me its an honor to get a 1st at a National Meet (providing that there are other cars in your class) due to the fact that most classes are determined by year some classes have only one or two cars.Will not be much chance of that for the '41's though.

So yes you can enter your car regardless of previous judging - or even if it was never judged.

Can I loose points....yes points will be deducted for what ever the judges in that class find incorrect.The previous score will have nothing to do with any other judging and the persons judging your car will not know how many points were deducted at any other meet.

Hope I covered all bases.

PS- if your car was a 1st junior at the regional meet it will be in the senior class the next time its judged at a regional meet.When you get a 1st SR. you will advance to the Preservation class.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
When I filled out the registration form I noticed that they requested your Chat Site "handle" so it could be included on your name tag....Great idea.... dance

Gene Schneider
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Yes, I saw that and was pleasantly surprised too... wow... the power of the Chat site permeates the Meet registration cloud... COOL :cool2:

Bill Barker
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Maybe someone (with stroke , like Billy boy BaRRker) should set up a VCCAchat.org table in a Headquarters hotel hospitatility room with the computer internet connection Chat hooked up and let us get updates on the site, and also encourage VCCA members to take a L@@K at what we do here.....and use as a meeting place for the guys & gals that use the site? It probably wouldn't take up too much room in a trailer for a desktop and monitor.

I think that there will be several of us with laptops in our rooms....

Ah!! don't tell us Billy, that you were going to surprise us????

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Chevgene, Thanks for a very understandable and through answer to my question. Makes perfect sense.

I still don't know if or what "place" my car received {October 05 VCCA Meet} I have not received any final tallies or remarks yet. The judged show I was in {S.F. Valley Region} worked in conjunction with a show in Orange County {Cal} and to-date nothing has been completed or reported on to me on my car.

At the SF Valley meet I was able to work as an jr. assistant to a judge and I learned a lot. But there is more to know, soooo much more. One advantage I had was working with/for/under/around Larry Pierson {sp?] a good guy who knows a lot about judging and Chevy's. But I did not attend the O.C Chevy show as my car was not allowed, since I was in the S.F. Valley Show {?}

But once more you have cleared things up. And I must admit I read & re-read the VCCA rules & regulations and some things are clear and others fuzzy. But as always I appreciate you time and responses.

See you in Colorado...
Michael41

Michael
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Thanks to Chipper for clearing up the HPOCF initials for me (and maybe others also).

I now understand HPOCF to be "Historical Preservation (of) Original Chevrolet Features."

Further, I understand Chipper's comments about using these cars as a "template" in restoring a like car.

(Afterall, what's original couldn't have been 'screwed up' in a restoration process. I take it that's what Chipper meant.)

I guess my reference to "not seeing the point" was selfish. Just thinking about it from only my perspective. My 54 Bel Air Sport Coupe is not a fully restored car. But it has been a "Preservation Car" for 21 years. One of the real early ones awarded such. Although my plaque isn't numbered "number one" I was told that it was the first plaque presented back in August of 1985 at the NW Meet.

So, what I was saying is I don't see what I would "gain" by being certified HPOCF. Is that still a 'valid' question?? Or just a dumb question, because there's more about 'HPOCF' that I don't understand??

Bill.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
The good thing is what your car recieved at the regional meet will not affect placement of your car in the National Anniversary Meet....So your form can be filled out and sent in without waiting for the results.This would not be true for a local meet as if you attend another it will be necessary to list the standings, from previous meets, of your car.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Something on the registration form to note...

No HPOCF cars will be certified at the Meet...so that would indicate that only previously certified cars will be "re-certified"

A vehicle can be only in the HPOCF class or the regular judging class...Steve Scott had made a statement earlier that a vehicle could possibly be entered in both classes.

Any comments Steve?

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Online Content
Backyard Mechanic
I personally like that fact that we can tour more or less if we choose and the days that we choose.

There are some tours that my young children will like and some that they will not. This gives us a flexible schedule so we can make the most of the vacation.

Even my 4 year old is asking when we can leave for the "Car Show", and his model car is already built!

Chris
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Is any one on the West Coast driving to Colorado ?

A few Southern California {Region 1.} members would like to know if any one in Cal., Ariz., Nev., Utah or ANY West Coast members are planning on Driving to Grand Junction Colorado
in July. {?}

We are trying to get a feel for who might be driving so possibly we can caravan. We realize times, travel days, routes and your cars age, and your age have a lot to do with this type of coordination. But maybe we can get together and make the journey as enjoyable as the destination.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Michael W.

Michael
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am planning on registering for the National Meet and bring my '30 sedan primarily for touring. It has not been restored or certified for HPOCF. It is questionable if it would make it through certification due to repainting and a worn interior.

My questions are would it be acceptable to list it for placing on the Judging Field in HPOCF and if certification inspection would be available at the National Meet?

A related question has to do with the statement in the General Meet Information in the February G&D "FIELD ENTRANCE CHECK WILL BE REQUIRED OF ALL VEHICLES AND MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO 6 PM". I will not be able to get to Grand Junction until Tuesday afternoon. Will there be any provision for a Field Entrance Check after Monday, and are these checks required for tour only vehicles?

Bob Strattan
Tulsa, OK

Bob Strattan
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
to try and answer your questions no 1 if your car has not been certified before the meet it will not be entered as a hpocf car . i think there will be field after monday but not wed. why not put it on the field and not judged just bring your fire ex. get your picture taken and enjoy . the field check for non judged cars is mostly to check the fire ex. take pictures , and make sure it is a chevy car or truck on judged cars they check lights, horn , fire ex. , windshield wipers , emergancy brake ,some check to see if the windows work if it has windows , and it rolls , suppose to run . i have seen people complain that they have to drive through the check . trailer queens . they do not raise the hood on fec . hope this helps come put it on the field let others enjoy and have a good time i have done the non judged route several times so you wont be by your self . not all of us have show cars but enjoy

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
You can have a first time certification at the Anniversary Meet, you just can't enter your car to participate in both HPOCF and competitive judging. As far as the field entrance check the final schedule has not been made yet as to when it will be made available
John Mahoney
Co-Chair 45th Anniversary Meet

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1988 Celebrity Wagon
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
thanks john for clearing up the hpocf question . after reading the registration form again i see where a vehicles that have previously been certified are eligible for class judging but not both only one hpocf or class judging and it does not say that you can not get your vehicles certified hpocfyou can

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Does any one know if I can show my car in Colorado w/out having it JUDGED ?

With my schedule and no reply back yet from a Sept. 2005 meet where my car was judged, I will not be able to do any work on it to "fix things up" for possible better scoring.

So I'll just let it sit there and been seen, but not judged. Is this ok ??

Then again with out any security at my hotel {doubletree was sold out 4 weeks ago} I may just fly in and "Oh & Ah" a lot and bring pictures of my car to share.
Michael

Michael
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Yes, a car can be registered as for "show" but designated "do not judge".It can be on the judging field on "judgement day" also.No problem...there will be others.I would recommend though to have it judged.I am sure that the average 1941 being judged will score below yours and the experiance you gain will be worth while.

You could always let the '41 parked over night at the DoubleTree and get a lift over to the motel you are "sleeping" at.From what I have been told the Holiday Inn is in walking distance - if thats where your "sleeping".

Go for it dance

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Well as always you have a good point Gene..

The VCCA guys running security told me "No Way" No Cars at the Doubletree if your not staying there, so.....

And the 9 hotel's I called told me they were not offering any security, including the one I am booked in {Holiday Inn}. So security is still an issue.

But thank you once more. And if my car is there I would love to have you look her over & take her for a drive...
Michael

Michael
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Well as always you have a good point Gene..

The VCCA guys running security told me "No Way" No Cars at the Doubletree if your not staying there, so.....

And the 9 hotel's I called told me they were not offering any security, including the one I am booked in {Holiday Inn}. So security is still an issue.

But thank you once more. And if my car is there I would love to have you look her over & take her for a drive...
Michael

Michael
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
OK - I re-read the security guide that came with the registration stuff.Only hotel guest cars can be parked at the motel (over night) due to limited space.As a rule there is plenty of space and the motel lot is also used for judging and parking for all show cars....well, you can't (always) have every thing.
If I were staying at one of the other motels I would not worry about my car being on their lot over night.My cars have stood out all night on hundreds of motel lots and never had a problem.At times it was the only old car on the lot.Here there will be many others so there will be a good hub cap choice. laugh ....just besure that your insurance premium is paid. Agrin
I doubt if Grand Junction has a "hood" and if it does the motels will not be in it. :eek:

Gene Schneider
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
My experience in doing tours all over Colorado is that your car will be OK in a hotel parking lot. The show field is not at one of the hotels, but is at Lincoln Park closer to downtown.

All of the hotels that have a Horizon Drive address (i.e. Holiday Inn) are walkable from the DoubleTree. The farthest would be the Grand Vista Hotel is about 6 blocks north. At age 63 I consider that walkable, tho my wife thinks otherwise.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Chevy50 jim, I also understand that the cars will not be allowed to stay at the show field in Lincoln Park overnight because of the city's 4th of July Celebration, that pictures and the Field check will be done at the hotel or some other location, is that Correct?

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
From past experiance the remote show field is used only during judging and not a "parking lot" during the meet.

Gene Schneider
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
The judging field is a city park like it was in Rapid City, where a park was used only for judging. I have not heard where the Field Check and pictures will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Field Entrance Check will take place at the host hotel.
We will be conducting FEC's on the following scheduled times: Sunday 7-2 1-6 pm, Monday 7-3 1-6 pm and Tuesday 7-4 1-6 pm.
Additional times will be available on a flex schedule as time and vehicles permit.
Our goal is to perform FEC's at a times convenient to club members and team availabilty. I will be looking for volunteers to assist in the FEC function. Please contact me if you are able to assist and I will develop a schedule.

NOTE: NO FIELD ENTRANCE CHECKS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON DAY OF SHOW!

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Thanks, Dave The information is appreciated.

By the way is there a plan to post a complete events calendar in the G&D soon?
I would like to assemble one and post it here on the Chevy Chatter.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Some where I read a list of all the tours at the national meet, But have not been able to find It. Does someone have a complete list of all the tours that they could post here on the chat site. :) chevy

DON BOLTZ FROM THE EVERGREEN STATE
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Hey Don,

There's a thread here in Car Meets & Events » National VCCA Meets & Events that may be what you're looking for.

Wacko Macko posted a schedule in it a couple of days ago. The 'title' of the thread and other info follows......

Schedule events Calendar for 45th Anniversary Meet MrMack 0 May 26, 2006 14:31

Bill.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Donald, Bill Bradford should have a list.

Bill42, please refrain from useing my pet name! (Wacko Mack0) I really don't know you well enough for that... how would like you it if I was to call you by your pet name of XXXXX or whatever it may be?

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Yep... everyone's "pet name" is already posted to the left of their postings. That's the only one that should be used.

Now that I've said that... I'm wondering if we should make ONE expection for the JYD??? :confused: bigl newangel yay
Right, Skipper Doodle?

Bill Barker
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Do you mean Like the David Allan Cole Song?

"You never even call me by my name!"?

Call me Macky/Wacky, (which by the way was coined by that "old dogface, fleabitten, tick scratchin' doggie doodlefied,mangey mutt AKA JYD) or by my nickname of MrMack
but not Wacko Macko that sounds too much like a Jacko Wacko, know whut I mean? wink bigl bigl

Just be sure you call when dinner is served!

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Sorry folks, my mistake, it should have been David Allan Coe

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
[Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com]
Folks, I don't want to leave this good thread on a sour note. I hope we all continue to have some fun here in the next few weeks and get some time in Grand Junction to enjoy meeting face to face.
This site really means a lot to some of us, Thanks to all the fine members I have met.

Let us all give some thought to the real meaning of Memorial Day

Cheers! Memorial Day 2006 [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] [Linked Image from deleonfreepress.com] Everyone, have a happy Holiday!!!!

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Actually now that MrMack brought it to my attention I kinda like Mack0 Jack0
ROFL laugh :love: :love: :love:

Zorro

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Zorro, He who lives by the sword and wears spurs should be very careful when he squats down!

and a rose by any other name is a flower that grows amoungst the thorns!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hey Macky Wacky, You not only like Chevys, You are also a little Into Poetry, Arnt you, My O My. chevy

DON BOLTZ FROM THE EVERGREEN STATE
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
He!He! Donaldsan, I lerent it all from the mangy old mutt! I have thought about writin' a book.
...There once wuz an old man from Kent whose...so-on and so forth....I(I have several different last lines for that one)

I would be Kinda like a part Native-American (Hacksaw tribe) Charlie Chan wanna-be!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
4 members (Keith Knox, Tiny, THH, cufrcp), 86 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,066
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.