Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Why wait for someone else to do it?

We have a better vehicle right here on Chevy Chatter, than a meet that happens every five years. and we have the resources, those Directors that don't use the internet (like Tom Meleo) have friends and fellow club members that do, and these friends are knowledgable also, right Raymundo?.
All you have to do is ask a reasonable question.
Or why not set up a practice tour and get several friends to participate. Then you will know enough to ask reasonable questions, and not go on a wild goose chase.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Very good idea, MrMack, we need to start a thread here on touring, ("Everything you wanted to know about Touring, but were afraid to ask").

Then maybe someone who has the ability (authority) to edit the thread (what is posted) can sort of condense it (like the milk).

I have never been on a tour, but look forward to doing some.

Touring: "Hints & Help" or whatever...

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
I don't like the idea of "someone editing" They may be all wet! put it all out there and let the members make a choice.

Kinda like two of my friends, ask one about a certain eating establishment and he says" We had a terriable meal, it was cold, too expensive,the help was rude, blah blah. (pore Old Gabby has never had a decent meal)

The other guy will say about the same cafe "Boy We had a wonderful meal there, beautiful, pleasant smiling waitress the steak was so tender really worth the money,you could cut it with your fork, and the peach cobbler was to die for! (Old Smitty has never had a bad meal in his life.)

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
My wife and I hosted one of the Early Six Cylinder (1929 - 1954) Tours. I will try to start tomorrow telling how we did it. If you have questions after that I will try to answer them. Most of the Early Six Cylinder Tours have been organized about the same as ours.
See you down the BACK ROADS.

See you Touring the Back Roads

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Back Roads, that looks like a good deal.
Maybe Vintage James won't mind too much if we use his original annoucement thread for his V/8 tour that failed to materialize.

I guess if he does mind he or Billy BaRRker can move this thread to a new Events topic.

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I think I'll start a new topic. "Hosting a multi day tour." I'll put it under National Events. we'll see how that goes.
See you down the BACK ROADS.

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
xxx Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Very cool, Back Roads.

MrMack, what I meant by condensing was just removing side comments, jokes, blather that had nothing to do with the topic, not editing the content.

Is there a big difference between 4, 6, V8 tours?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
About the only difference I can think of is the speed and distance traveled. I have even found the speed the late six cylinder cars travel is much different than the early ones. Folks say just put in an overdrive but I think I can travel as fast as the brakes are good for without overdrive. The four cylinder cars would have a problem keeping up with the 6 bangers if they are stock. I like one of the rules a local motorcycle club has. "No tour can travel on a state highway more that one mile before getting off onto a county road." Therefore See you down the BACK ROADS.

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
I have started a new topic. How to organize a VCCA tour. I hope this will help. I'm sure there are more ways to do this. I'm only doing this to get more folks on line with hosting tours. For me tours is where it is. See you down the BACK ROADS.

Joined VCCA June 1, 1961
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.