Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
OP Offline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
The Eagle (1933 first three months coupe) has returned from another successful ALL-CAL Meet.

[Linked Image from home.attbi.com]

This one was held in Auburn (gold country), California. Over 86 registrations were noted with a like number of cars. Lost count of the regions that were represented, but the number was over 10. Also several nomads (no region affiliation). Cars ranged all the way from 1927 Capital Roadster up to modern. In attendance were names you would recognize here on Chevy Chat included, Ray, Kirk, Whitney, Steve and others I have overlooked. Could talk for pages on the good vittles that were available, but isn’t that what meets are all about with the cars taking a close second?

Two outstanding tours were executed.

The first was to Gary Cope’s. Gary is a very serious collector of Chevrolet, Oldsmobile and GMC antique speed equipment. Rooms and walls were used to display a very large and impressive collection of some extremely rare “bolt-on” items. Numerous tricked out cars were also on display.

Example, a room full of complete engines, most of which were operational, with manifolds, carburetors, and other items on the wall.

Many cars and trucks covered the many acres that contained Gary’s collection. Inside a fenced area was a 1932 Ford sedan. Gary pointed out that this was not a chicken coop, but was a chicken sedan.

An extremely rare 1959 ElCamino convertible is also in the collection. (You figure it out).

The second tour was to Don Dougherty’s truck collection in Colfax, CA. Don collects Caterpillar and Holt powered units in addition to his trucks, which are primarily Auto Car. His collection fills 10 large Quonset huts. In addition to the huts are numerous buildings stuffed with cars, trucks and crawler type equipment.

This is a very large ELECTRIC 4-wheel drive truck. It is equipped with solid rubber tires and was used in some west coast cities to make early morning deliveries of newspaper bundles to the subagents. The purpose was to do so as quietly as possible and not disturb the residents.

Interior view on one of the heated shops. Note the dump truck and on the table in the foreground is a scale-working model of a large track driven tractor.

Don is demonstrating a large diesel compressor. Although a 1956 model, it has very few hours of operation. A small gasoline engine is first started and used as the starter for the diesel engine.

The next All-CAL Meet will be held in Orange County CA. I have been attending the meets for a number of years, and although travel distances vary from 300 to 1200 miles one way, I have found it worthwhile to tow one of my rigs along to enjoy the event.

devil
RAY
Chevradioman

http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy " W O W "....! chevy chevy

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.
ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
That old Cat air-jammer brings back old memorys, back in the 50s when I worked as a dozer operator I drug one of these all over a large construction site with a D7 dozer, because it always had a couple of flat tires, imagine a air compressor with flat tires, it blew my mind at the time.

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
OP Offline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Somehow a glitch has entered the picture (pun intended). This is a perfect example of my argument about editing a post you have made. Since I am not the Moderator of this thread I can’t correct the problem. At this point all I can do is acknowledge that a problem exists.

The post above has been updated with the proper pictures. -Chevykid

Anyway, check out Don\'s web page.
Agrin

RAY
Chevradioman

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1933 Eagle, Coupe

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ray,

In this case, there is a way to change the photos, if that is what you are referencing.
Since I am not the Moderator of this thread I can’t correct the problem.
However, this will more than likely create the same problem in another thread. Two examples: the distributor photo file name ends with Image074.jpg and the AC Oil Filter ends with Image075.jpg. Rename these two photos with different names where you have them stored and replace them with the correct photos with the Image number referenced in this thread, like Image074.jpg and Image075.jpg.

Let me talk with Bill B. regarding editing posts. Maybe we can come up with some type of solution to edit posts to correct things after the one hour limit.

wink

Regards,

Jim M.

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I'm listening.... wink

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
OP Offline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
I'm asking!

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman

1925 Superior K Roadster
1933 Eagle, Coupe

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Ray,

How does this sound, send an email to one of the Moderators of this Forum requesting them to make changes to the reference locations of your pictures within your post?

I know that we can only edit for 1 hour after we make a post. I have started to make it a habit to preview my posts before adding them to a forum. If we make an error in a post, the Moderator has the ability to edit the post after this time limit. I would think they would be more than willing to help correct an error that has been detected within a thread.

If you would like send me an email with the necessary changes, I will update your post pictures.

Regards,

Jim M.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.