Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#50294 03/03/03 01:39 AM
Chipper Offline OP
ChatMaster - 15,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 15,000
Just returned from the National Board Meeting at Grand Junction Colorado. Spectacular site for a meet. Wanted to let you all know that presentation by Bill B. with overhead slides by Bill B. was well received and appreciated. A Board Committee was formed to review the current use of technology, develop a mission statement and propose how technology (electronic) can benefit the VCCA and its membership. Both Bill Bs are on the committee. Confused? Bill can set you straight.

We are making progress, abit slowly at first but the growth curve will be a power function!!!

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
#50295 03/03/03 02:25 AM
BBB Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sounds like some progress that we all can support. chevy laugh

Bill Barker, Issaquah, WA
http://1931chevrolet.com
#50296 03/03/03 10:46 AM
Chipper Offline OP
ChatMaster - 15,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 15,000
Bill,
Nothing gets past you. Absolutely correct. I thought that people reading the post would stop to think and maybe the significance would sink in a bit better.

I think it is a major step toward a rosier future for the VCCA. "Technology" utilization is critical to our future. It is indeed a blessing to have people like you that are willing to spend the hours and hours and hours to help us uneducated understand this new world we are part of. James Burnes new at large Board Member, Committee Chair, also speaks "computer" and is helping the Board understand what is possible and practical. I get excited just thinking about what we can do to make our lives easier and having information available at our finger tips.

#50297 03/03/03 03:38 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Chip,

Indeed this is a great step in the right direction. I think we have a tremendous group to start in the Technology Committee.

Members(in addition to myself) include:

- Bill Barker
- Debbie McGowen
- Bill Bradford
- Chip Sweet
- Denny Ostreich
- Gloria Palazzo

Given the important steps that must be taken to create policies that protect the membership's information and follows the guidelines of our club's policies and bylaws, we have a group with the right expertise.

- James

-------------------------
James W. Burnes

Former VCCA Board Member, 2002-2005

Vintage Chevrolet Archives
#50298 03/04/03 12:42 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Chip / all:

I don't know how to say this exactly... so please bear with me.

After re-reading the above posts, I have an idea what Technology Committee's charter will be. It sounds like the club is headed towards a "considered approach", definately the right thing to do.

I've said it here before, but I'd like to restate it: I'd like to be involved at some level (probably not at the highest organizational level, which is the part I don't know how to say without making it sound like I want to be on a committee or something).

Anyway, I'm an experienced project engineer that also programs websites on UNIX platforms. I have the ability and knowledge to help both organizationally and technically, and am willing to help. I prefer to make things happen on a tactical level: designing, coordinating, programming and testing. Committee members need to provide stratigic direction, and someone needs to "turn the crank". Please let me know if I will be allowed to contribute!

Lenn (getting grumpier all the time!)

Lenn
#50299 03/04/03 03:37 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Lenn & others,

As the Technology committee develops plans and organization, we will begin to look to the club for elbow grease.

We will continue to use the chat forum as one source of opinions and thoughts as we work. This site and it's frequent users will be solicited thoughts and opinions regularly. I'm sure you'll have many opportunities to contribute.

- James

James W. Burnes

#50300 03/04/03 11:31 PM
Chipper Offline OP
ChatMaster - 15,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 15,000
Grumpy,
I am sure that you can contribute either on or off the Commitee. I would suggest participating as a member so you are up on all that is going on and you can add your expertise. There are people with various skills but not too many that have a working knowledge of the technology world. Besides that world is so new that we have not learned what is best and worst. Several approaches need to be tried before we find the best. Getting better but still too much trial and error. Or visa-versa.

#50301 03/05/03 10:00 AM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks Chip and James. I didn't want to horn in, but maybe I just did. Like I said, I don't care if I'm called a board member or not, but I think it would be good to keep me tight in the loop if possible.

Who can I contact about this? I've gathered some notes from several conversations, and I could start a living "specification" document (I could place it in a secure area of www.123Testing.com with a user name and password so only board members could get to it, and add-to, review and comment on it). Getting all of the thoughts down in writing so they can be hashed out is the best way to move forward.

I'm humbly (sp?) waiting at the boards service,
Grumpy.

Lenn
#50302 03/05/03 06:54 PM
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Lenn,

You (and anyone else) can contact me with any concerns or ideas. I am the chairperson for the committee.

jburnes@vintagechevrolet.org

- James

James W. Burnes

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.