Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#49883 08/18/03 01:23 AM
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
OP Offline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Have just returned and unloaded the 33 Eagle from the 32nd Annual North West Meet.

For the uninitiated, this is an annual affair attended by all the Regions in Area 3, which included Washington, Oregon, and SW Canada. Lone Eagles are also encouraged to and do attend. Several members who do not belong to a region have attended in the past as well as this meet.

It was held this year in Auburn Washington and hosted by the Mount Rainier Region.

As has been the custom the last three years the meet is preceded by a WOOD tour. A wood tour is all the vehicles produced by Chevrolet that contain significant parts made from wood. Basically, it is all of the early pre 1929 cars (trucks) and 1929 through 1936 6-cylinder cars. The tour this year was a very laid back tour in excess of 97 miles and killed most of one day. The tour was concluded with a gathering at a local eating joint for food and good conversation.

Major highlights of the Meet included a National Judging School conducted by Steve Scott and Jack Anderson. This was a very well attended activity and was well accepted by the members. Jack and Steve presented an outstanding presentation in the classroom followed by a 'hands on' session where the major points of judging were demonstrated with several members’ cars. If you failed to attend this school this was your loss.

The second day was kicked off with the Judges Breakfast followed by the class judging. This was a well-organized event and was enhanced by the assistance of the two instructors from the Judging School, Jack and Steve. A surprising number of cars were submitted for the HPOCF Certification. In the class judging a good selection of cars were submitted to the judges for their evaluation.

The highlight of the third day was a tour to the world famous Harold LeMay Collection. Even after Harold's death, Harold’s daughter has added many cars to the collection. Perhaps the major change in the collection is to remove some of the Chevrolets from the gymnasium and replace they by other mixed makes. We were treated to a very good lunch at the dining room located on the premises.

The Awards Banquet staged at the Emerald Downs racetrack capped off the third day. Awards included crafts, people’s choice, Canadian Award, class awards, and a special treat, the awarding of the new credentials (pins) to the judges who have been certified by National. These pins included VCCA Judge Award, William C. Durant Award, Alfred P Sloan Award, and the top award the Louis Chevrolet Award. I was fortunate to receive all four of these awards. Some extremely nice cars received their class awards and the BOS Awards went to some extremely fine examples of the Chevrolet trademark.

Throughout the meet there were opportunities to participate in many short tours to local points of interest. Even the ladies found plenty to keep them occupied. A well-stocked Courtesy Room was manned and supplied by the Mount Rainier Region throughout the meet. Coffee, cold drinks, pastries, cookies, and good conversation were in plentiful supply.

In my opinion the highlight of the meet was the class judging. It was well organized, executed and professionally done. I would hope that the word is propagated to those members who have misgivings about the judging process. I suggest you talk to the car owners and the judges. Perhaps when the meet is held next year in Kelso Washington and hosted by the Columbia River Region we will be challenged just to find room to park all the vehicles that are presented for judging.

I do not have the total attendance figures, however, the registration numbers were in excess of 90+.

All in All, it was a VERY GOOD MEET.

In rereading my post I notice I left out a very important point. On the second day of the meet one of the members, along with another couple, went out to dinner. While they were eating the 1958 Convertible was stolen. Car was locked; key removed, and switch in the locked position. The owner had the car for many years and though insured, was not covered for the actual value. At the banquet the owner reminded all of us to review our insurance and insure it is up to date.

Be on the lookout for a previously painted blue 1958 convertible, with skirts, a continental kit, white sidewall tires, and in better than average condition. If you have any information please contact the police in Auburn Washington or me.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

#49884 08/18/03 06:09 PM
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy Winnipeg has got an eyeball out for it there Ray! chevy chevy Which state is she from and is there a pic available ????

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.
#49885 08/18/03 06:31 PM
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
OP Offline
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
When the car was taken it carried CA plates, however I don't expect to see the car with those plates now. The owner is from CA. I don't have any pictures of the car.

Agrin

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (Peter_Gariepy, BearsFan315, Henrys37), 91 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,078
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.