Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#49879 12/04/02 02:11 AM
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hi all,

I wanted to pass along these details about the 2003 Eastern Meet. These details were sent to me by VCCA Board Member, John Mahoney.

- James

--------------------------------

2003 VCCA Eastern Meet
August 7-10

I just wanted to pass some information on about the dates for the 2003 Eastern Meet which will be held in Area 11 hosted by the Long Island Region. The Dates are Thursday, August 7 through Sunday, August 10. It will be located at the Harrison Conference Center in Glen Cove, NY.

This location is perfect! And parallels last years location at Pennington, NJ. We will have our own building away from the hotel for our own use for the entire meet, allowing us some flexibility with catering. There is a nice private beach down the road so if anyone wants to take a swim in the nice calm warm water of the Long Island sound they can something the none car lovers of your family can take advantage of while the judging is going on. I am lucky this one is only about three minutes from home.

If some of you want to travel in early and take a ride out to the Hamptons and to Montuak Point let me know my wife is looking for an excuse to put something together. If you want to leave your car at my house that would be fine also. The schedule is as follows Thursday afternoon and evening there will be a get together cookout at my home, if there are enough people interested we can put a nice beach trip/tour together.

Friday we will tour, my wife Janet and I have been exploring some neat seaside roads on the northshore of Long Island. Saturday will be our National Judged Meet, followed by an awards banquet.

Sunday will be the departure date. Glen Cove is roughly 15 miles from the Throgs Neck Bridge.

Keep in mind all VCCA members must pre-register to attend, even if they are just bringing their car for the judged portion of the meet. Pass this on to all of your VCCA friends, and also your fellow Chevrolet friends who might not be members, this is a great reason for them to join! I also would advise you to make your hotel reservations as soon as you can, like all coastal areas in the summer the rooms go fast.

The Meet Chairman is Russell Heim you can call him at (516) 735-0939 or e-mail him at ChevyII@optonline.net. Contact Russ for further Hotel Information.

Hope to see you there
John Mahoney

-------------------------
James W. Burnes

Former VCCA Board Member, 2002-2005

Vintage Chevrolet Archives
#49880 01/06/03 10:18 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hello all,
This evening I had a rather nice phone conversation with Russell Heim, who is coordinating this meet. The previous meets
I have attended, Vernon, CT, and Pennington, NJ, were both 1 day events for me, and also my first VCCA meets. Even though Vernon was 160 miles one way for me, I did it in one day.
(I drive, not trailer my car)
After my conversation with Russell today, and
the description of the meet location, I have decided to make it a family event, including my wife and two children. Being that the meet
location is only about 60 miles from me in Fanwood, NJ (Union County), I have still decided that we need to make a weekend out of it. Sooner or later, I hoped to get the rest of the family involved with the club. Maybe I can teach then something about judging, and I hope to become more experienced myself.
I was told that there just 25 rooms set aside for VCCA. I will be making my reservations this week.
I hope this will be a well attended meet

Thanks,
Gregory Roser
Fanwood, NJ

1972 Monte Carlo
VCCA Senior
AACA Grand National

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dave39MD), 65 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman, JEC51
18,307 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,069
Posts429,046
Members18,307
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.