Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#489023 01/23/24 09:30 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi all, I am new to this forum and look forward to getting to know and learn from everyone.
I just picked up a 49 3100 pickup and need some help on selecting parts and where is the best place to purchase parts.
Right now I need a flange gasket and bolts connecting the manifold to the exhaust pipe. Any suggestions?
Thank you.

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Everything I have bought from the Filling Station has been excellent. I have also bought items at Chevys of the 40s and never had an issue. Shipping is a better price if you get multiple items in one shipment. I have used customer service at the Filling Station and it was always top notch. They have gone so far to call me when they are getting something ready to ship and say 'are you sure? product X might fit better and cost a bit less.' Great company. When placing your order make sure to enter the year and vehicle you are working on.

Another place I have found items is eBay. Have to be careful there but I have had things pop-up. Mostly little items that I have been able to get there.

I have found that having an old car is a constant project that is never done. I think that is a good thing. Keeps me learning new things. Having two from different eras is just a form of higher education.
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
For very common parts like those that you need your FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Store) is a good source. I am pleased with what I can get through our NAPA store.

Remember that you are looking for studs with nuts, not bolts. Which leads to a key point. If you are new to classic Chevy's you should invest a few bucks in a shop manual and parts book. The Filling Station has literature. I also have found a lot on eBay.

Rusty

VCCA #44680

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.