Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#485341 09/12/23 04:34 PM
evanh Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have a 1980 4 door Chevette, 4 speed standard trans for sale. I've owned it since 1982. The body is straight with no dents, just some scratches and somewhat dulled metallic-blue paint, and a crack in the lower right windshield. Interior is good. The factory AC developed a leak many years ago.

A few years ago when it didn't pass a smog test I just quit driving it. Prior to that, I replaced the head and it ran fine. Other than the rebuilt head, it's all original with all parts intact. It hasn't been started for about 5 years but I'm pretty sure it will run with, at most, some carb and ignition tinkering. It's a California car with a Holley 6510-C mixture control solenoid carburetor. My wife wants it off our driveway and I'm busy with my 55 Belair and 52 MGTD.

I read that California smog law can now allow a 1980 vehicle some exemption for cars with collector car insurance and limited driven miles per year.

In England, the Chevette is sometimes called a Vauxhall Chevette and has a following as a sort of classic. I'd like to sell to someone for reuse rather than salvaging it. It will need 2 13" tires replaced, a good battery, a windshield (has smaller crack lower right side out of field of view - new glass is about $100), and maybe an EGR and/or catalytic convertor (last smog test showed slightly high NOX).

I think the condition is between a 4 and 5 on Old Car Value guide 6 point scale with 6 being worst, or between 2 and 4 on Carguide.com 10 point scale so I think it might come in at about $700 but I also think it should be drivable with just w/two good used 13" tires, a good battery, and some cost for smog work to put it well into 3 and 4 on the Old Car scale or about $1000-1500.

Asking $900 for this complete, straight, I think close to drivable, 1980 Chevette.

Will take and add photos on request.

Pick up in San Fernando Valley

evanh Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Added 2 photos
phone 818 395-6362

[Linked Image from vccachat.org][Linked Image from vccachat.org]

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.