Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Donner Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sorry if there is an obvious answer to this I'm missing.
When i bought my car the doors were just a shell with rotten wood. I've now done all the body work and replaced all the wood. I can't figure out what holds the window channel and rubber channel to the front post of the door since the front post is metal? I don't see any screw holes in the channel area and no evidence of how the original might have been held in place. I know the window garnish would keep it from moving but I'm sure there is more to it, i don't see anyway to connect it below the window opening either.

thanks for any advice
Don

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
If I remember correctly the channel was spot welded to the metal at the front of the door.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Donner Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
That would make sense Chatmaster. Thanks I'll look into that.

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Chipper is correct, the channel holder, which I believe replacements are available from the filling station, are spot welded to the front (hinge side) of the door. The channel holders are nailed into the latch side wood. A couple tacks from a mig welder are enough to hold the channel holder.

Donner Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thanks Chistech for confirming. I do have the channels from the Filling Station, which are really nice by the way. But since i don't have a spot welder, just drilled three small holes and plugged welded them in. A tiny bit of grinding to make sure it was flat so the rubber would slide easy and done.
Thank you both for the quick answer!

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I’ve also drilled holes and plug welded them. Works good then grind the weld with a die grinder and a cut off wheel.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.