Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cabboy Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
Wondering if anyone who has knowledge of Canadian cars may know. I found a sedan cowl job number 8850 which is 1929. The body number is CS594R. My other Canadian cars (built in Oshawa) have no letters just numbers. I am speculatiing the R may mean the Regina plant but can't resolve the CS. Anyone have any thoughts?

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Hello cabboy,
What do I know? But maybe you might find this interesting reading.
Computer search: 1929 canadian gm car serial numbers
Found: Chevy Talk
Permanent: Canadian Chevrolet Information 1929-42
Click On: 1930 Chev (Canadian) id numbers - Chevy Message Forum
15 posts
Jul 27, 2005
All the posts were interesting, especially the last.
Don't know, but you might reach out to these folks for info, if they're still around.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Hello again cabboy,
It seems that to know if the (R) in the body number is from Regina, that vehicles Model Serial Number needs to fall within Regina's beginning and ending assigned Regina series numbers. Do you have the model serial number by chance?
Still don't know what CS stands for. It's Canadian, it's a Sedan, Completed Sedan, Can't Say. Here is another post I came across:
This data is off a very rare Regina car:

GENERAL MOTORS
of CANADA Limited
MADE IN [ MAPLE LEAF] CANADA

OSHAWA WALKERVILLE REGINA
MODEL SERIAL NO
UNIVERSAL 458639
ENGINE NO 269801

FISHER BODY
BUILT BY
GENERAL MOTORS OF CANADA LTD. OSHAWA
CORRESPONDENCE PERTAINING TO THE
BODY MUST BEAR THESE NUMBERS

JOB NO. 30557
BODY NO. CK 227 R

Note the 'CK and 'R'!! Now, the 'R' suffix indicates presumably 'Regina Plant'..now we know that this ia Regina car because the serial # fits into the Regina series:
# 457001 to 462438

However what does 'CK mean? In 1928 Oshawa used 'K' for some bodies, but I suspect that it means 'Completely Knocked [down]'. Regina did not have a body facility in 1929-30, and 1931 when it was open but it did in 1937-41 after it re-opened for the second time [note opened once, closed, re-opened, closed, then re-opened, then closed for good]. All bodies were imported it seems as components from Oshawa and then assembled.

cabboy Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
As far as I have read CK stands for completely knocked down as you have indicated. CS is an enigma at the moment. I expect is was a Regina assembled car as it came from a group of three cars and parts acquired from Alberta.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.