Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#46407 03/26/02 09:00 PM
CHEVY Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I JUST RECIEVED THE THREE PIECES OF STAINLESS STEEL TRIM PIECES THAT BOLT ON THE TRUNK RACK, FROM DICK MOFFITTS CHEVROLET PARTS. THEY ARE PERFECT AND ARRIVED IN A HEAVY CARDBOARD TUBE PACKED PERFECT. THE CATALOG THEY SENT ME IS 40 PAGES LONG AND HAS TONS OF CHEVY PARTS IN IT. THE NEXT THING I WILL DO IS HAVE ALL MY MODEL T FRIENDS OVER TO TAKE A SLEDGE HAMMER AND POUND THE TRIM ON THE RACK. YA KNOW THOSE GUYS ARE GOOD AT THAT. THEY CALL IT MODEL T MODIFICATION, JUST LIKE THE JUNKYARD DOG PERFORMS ON HIS MODEL T CARS, RIGHT SKIPPER????????? bigl bigl bigl devil devil bigl bigl bigl

DON BOLTZ FROM THE EVERGREEN STATE
#46408 03/27/02 10:18 PM
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Yep, I would use a sledge hammer on a Ford, but I wouldn't even think about using one on any of my Chevrolets! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I heard that the set of truck rack trim mouldings that you just received was the last set that Dick had in stock. If that's the case it's too bad because I'm sure that there are some other Chevy dudes out there that are looking for those trim pieces too! :confused:

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
#46409 03/28/02 11:51 AM
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Ha ha! Never too worry....because my car will be on the road a week before yours, and that's because I don't have Model "T" Ford dudes working on it like you do. Yep, it works for me! ha ha!

I believe that the trim pieces that you got for your trunk rack were made by I&I in California. I heard that they have been discontinued for sometime now. Other fellows need these trim pieces as well, so did Dick mention to you if any others will be made in the future? :eek: :( :(

The Mangy Old Mutt

#46410 03/28/02 03:17 PM
CHEVY Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
WELL I GAVE I&I A CALL ABOUT THE STAINLESS TRIM AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE NO PLANS AT THIS TIME TO MAKE ANY MORE TRIM. ITS TO BAD BECAUSE I KNOW OTHER PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM. JUST LIKE THE STEERING WHEEL THEY REPRODUCED AT ONE TIME,AFTER THEY WERE GONE THAT WAS THE END OF THEM. I DID HEAR THAT SOMEBODY IS MAKING NEW ONES AGAIN,BUT DONT KNOW FOR SURE?????. I THINK THAT IF SOMEBODY NEEDS A CERTAIN CAR PART, THEY SHOULD BUY IT BECAUSE A LITTLE LATER ON IT MAY NOT BE AROUND TO BUY. OH YES THAT DOES NOT PERTAIN TO THE JUNKYARD DOG,AS YOU SEE HE WONT NEED ANY PARTS AS HE PROBABLY WILL NEVER ACTUALLY BUILD A CAR. RIGHT SKIPPY???????????? bigl :arrow: :arrow: bigl

#46411 03/28/02 04:55 PM
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
The Filling Station is in the process of making new 1931-36 steering wheels. I believe that there was some kind of a mold problem with the first wheel, but I also think that it has been corrected. These steering wheels are much needed in the hobby, and Stevie and the Filling Station has mentioned that these wheels will be like the original and the finger grips on the back of the wheel will not be backwards like on the wheels that I&I made years ago. :eek: :eek:

Wrong on the JYD not building a car. Sure, the car is not finished but the JYD has done everything himself, and not hired anything out to the Model "T" Ford dudes like Chevy has done. No wonder Chevy has to redo everything two or three times.....ya know, those Ford parts just will not fit correctly on a Chevrolet! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: laugh laugh

The Mangy Old Mutt

#46412 04/12/02 04:30 PM
CHEVY Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE PORTLAND SWAP MEET LAST WEEK AND I AND I REPRODUCTIONS HAD A STAND THERE. I TALKED TO THEM ABOUT SOME OF THE REPRODUCTION PARTS IN THEIR CATALOG. SOME OF THE PARTS THEY SHOW IN THE CATALOG ARE NOT AVAILABLE. THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD NO PLANS ON MAKING ANYMORE OF THE SOLD OUT ITEMS. I THINK IF YOU ARE DOING A RESTORATION OR REPLACEMENT OF CERTAIN PARTS, SOMETIMES YOU SHOULD PLAN AHEAD AND ORDER THE PARTS YOU NEED, AS THEY MAY BE GONE LATER ON. I FOUND THAT OUT ON SOME OF THE PARTS I NEEDED IN MY RESTORATION. :) :) :) chevy chevy :) :) :)

#46413 04/12/02 06:36 PM
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
chevy chevy Nifty advise. chevy chevy

V.C.C.A. - (National) - (S.O.C.R. #7) - M.C.A.A.C. (NOT V.C.C.A. - "local").... http://www.mcaac.mb.ca * * * Chevys are G R E A T * * *.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.