Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#44643 04/25/02 08:51 PM
TOM P. Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
another problem, noticed last year when I started the 28 up last year .starter drew a lot of juice from the battery so I sent to Wally Deck for a new rebuilt starter figuring my old commutaters needed to be turned down and starter needed a rebuild,his new one would save time.put in new starter and same sittuation occures.very hard starting .When it does start though,the motor runs fine ;no sputterin,buckin or any overheatin I`m baffeled again with this electrical stuff .Much thanks .arent old cars fun$ps: if timing was off a couple of degrees wouldn`t I get the above symptoms?

#44644 04/25/02 09:06 PM
Leo Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Tom, Before you jump of the bridge you should check the battery,make sure its good, if it checks ok I would check all the connections make sure their clean so you make good connections. A faulty connection or a bad ground would act just like you mentioned. Bad cables would act the same.
take it one step at a time and let me know how you make out. :) :)

Leo

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.