Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hello all...

Well, I finally went and bought the 1952 chevy 5 window 1/2 ton truck that I have wanted forever. I am planning a total frame off restoration with the following modifications and would like any advice/tips etc. that you all might offer.

* Complete drive train replacement with open driveline rear end.(what to use)?
* TH350 automatic transmission. (what kits needed)?
* Power disk brakes.(are there any bone yard bolt ons)?
* Tilt power steering column.(what to use)?
I will be sticking with the 1959 235 straight 6 engine.
Can anyone point me in the right direction or share your personal experiences regarding the modifications I mentioned?

Thanks. :)

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
52pickup5w,

the vcca's all about restoration and preservation of our vintage chevy's, putting it back to & keeping it all original...

hotrodding has it's place, and most of us have been or are still interested in that, as well...it's just not the vcca...

my humble suggestion & friendly advice is for you to give some time & thought to that '52 "you've always wanted"...sounds like you've waited a long time to have & drive something you have a strong connection to...I'm glad you've finally living that dream...

we drive our '40 kc 1/2ton everyday and love it just the way it was designed...we're working hard, with lots of great help from our vcca friends here, to bring it back to it's original running & cosmetic condition, and we wouldn't want to modify a thing...

sure, it doesn't have a in-dash cd player, but my voice ain't that bad...if anyone complains about my singing, I just invite them to get out & walk... laugh

whatever you decide, you might want to make sure it's easily reversible, just in case...our roadster delivery is 73 years old & all original...I'm glad none of the three previous owners chose to "update" it...it still drives really nice...

good luck with your project...if you choose restoration & preservation, you've found the best chevy pals right here!..

ok epi

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thank all,

I can appreciate waht you are saying and appologize if I stepped on any toes.
My goals are perhaps a little different than absolute restoration at this point. I do not want to cut, chop or otherwise render anything to a non-restorable condition. At the moment I am just interested in getting this truck into a safe, daily driver type condition so that I can enjoy it. I know that there are many people out there that are hacking these truck up. That's not the road I am taking.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.