Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Andre,

I am still not sure your GOOD shock is working correctly. I THINK THAT THE DAMPENING EFFECT CAN NOT BE TESTED ON A BENCH VISE. I seem to remember that when I tested my new rebuilt shocks I was NOT ABLE to raise and lower the arms of the shock because they were too stiff. Hopefully someone with a better memory will comment or you can verify my observation with Apple Hydraulics. I also paid extra for heavy duty shocks with a 2 year warranty.

Today I tried to see how stiff my shocks were by pushing down on my front/rear fenders. I could only get the shock to compress about an inch. The old shocks used to push down at least 3 inches and I could actually bounce the front suspension up and down. I think you will find that yours allow for a lot of bouncing both front and back.

Best wishes, Mike

Mike 41 Chevy
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I've got a response from the other company here in Germany. They Know my shocks and had rebuild some of that. So I will bring my shocks to them and see what they can do and what I have to pay.

Greetings André
------
1940 Special de Luxe Sport Sedan
https://1940specialdeluxe.wordpress.com
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Feedback from Apple Hydr.:
good shock:
(1) does not leak fluid, and
(b) when you move arms by hand, resistance is smooth and steady and
similar to resistance when you compress modern shock.

Greetings André
------
1940 Special de Luxe Sport Sedan
https://1940specialdeluxe.wordpress.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.