Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
36 standard sedan. Anyone else have the problem in the first picture? It is a result of the second picture. Something is missing and the parts book and other manuals do not address this. Again I got parts out of a box of parts to put this together.
Thank you for looking,
Steve S

Update:

As I was unable to locate a shift guide plate for my 36 standard, I took a chance and bought 3 shift plates for a 35 standard, off ebay, hoping to make something work. All I had to do was remove the shift rails from my transmission and install a shift plate from the 35. It bolted right on and works.
Now to find a right front vent regulator.

Steve S

Attached Images
IMG_7573.JPG IMG_7572.JPG
Last edited by steve118; 05/08/18 03:06 PM.
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Hello Steve, On some of the transmissions there is a sheet metal plate that goes over the rods so as to prevent the shift fork from popping out of one of the shift gates. I may have one for a Master trans. For the Standard trans there may be some limits built into the shift tower instead. Make sure you get both the shift gates in the CENTER detent position before inserting the shift fork. You might look in the G & D for the technical advisor 1936 Standard. Some one over here on the West side of the state may be able to come up with a trans out of a Master which will have synchronized second and third gears.

Once you get it running bring it to the NW meet in Chehalis June 7th -9th. Registration cut off date is May 15th which is coming up soon. Should be some nice tours and lots of help with projects. Registration info can be found on the Willamette Valley Region website. Or just come over for the day, I am sure we can find someone you can ride with on one of the tours. My name is Art. We will be bringing a 36 Master.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
There is a description and pictures of the new for 1936 design in the 1936 Engineering manual.

Last edited by Chev Nut; 04/27/18 09:00 PM.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Thank you both. I found it in the EManual. Now to find the part. I knew something had to be missing.
Thanks again,
Steve S

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Update:

As I was unable to locate a shift guide plate for my 36 standard, I took a chance and bought 3 shift plates for a 35 standard, off ebay, hoping to make something work. All I had to do was remove the shift rails from my transmission and install a shift plate from the 35. It bolted right on and works.
Now to find a right front vent regulator.

Steve S

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.