Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I am not having very good luck trying to locate a company or manufacturer of a extra capacity gas tank for my 2 Door; Hardtop. Stainless and/or Aluminum are to pricy. What I want is something made out of standard material or plastic. I am looking for something in the 22 gal. range. I have the clearance, I believe, since the dual exhausts are run down the underneath sides of the frame rails and the rear end in raised approximately 2"-3". Can anyone out there stear me to someone, here in the Northwest, that manufactures or sells this unit?

57philip
Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
you'll probably have to fabricate your own. i just recently did a one of a kind stainless tank for my 41 willys. i didn't have near the room you have under your 57 floor pan. i bought a sheet of stainless(super expensive) then mig welded the tank together after bending the cut panels on a brake. very time consuming. however, there was no alternative .you do have an alternative in that the original tank, although undersized for your plans, is readily available as a repo. good luck, mike

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Mike:
Thank You for your quici reply. I am still hoping that I have better luck than you did. I am not what you would call a mechanic, so am relying on other people's expertise to help with the restoration. I have heard of plastic tanks and in fact have found them on the internet, but most are for trucks. I will keep looking and asking in hopes of finding a manufacturer that will accomplish what I want.

57philip

57philip

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.