Loc: Kapuskasing, ON
The other day I tried a section of road that had just been repaved. I was blistering along at 55 when the amp gauge centered itself. I thought that that fancy diode cutout had just done its job. After a while it started to show a discharge. I remembered the last time I had charging issues the resistor on the switch had burned out. It was that again. Any ideas?
Loc: Eagle Point, Oregon
Right at the top???? Do you mean 20 amps charge? If so, your generator output was way too high so you might have burned out the generator armature. Your generator should be charging no more than 10 amps max.