Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#391530 06/30/17 12:28 PM
lynda Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
There are two wood blocks that attach to the rear sill just behind the metal floor pan. The wood frame of the seat back has upright pieces which line up with the wood blocks on each side. Do the upright pieces on the seat back go in front of or behind the blocks ? The uprights have holes near the bottom which would seem to indicate they went in front and were screwed to the wood blocks.
Thank you
Tom/Lynda Walker

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I just had the same question on my 1929 Coach and I have come up with the following answer. The seat back drops down on the blocks. The two holes on the uprights then get screwed into the back frame wood. This is how the back seat keeps the proper height for the seat bottom to fit under it. The top of the back is held in place with a metal bracket.

Rod

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
The seat back frame gets screwed into the face of those blocks. The metal hook bracket holds the seat back up but the frame ends basically sit on the floor pan. The seat back wood does not sit on top of those blocks. If you put the seat back frame on the top of the blocks, the seat back will be too high off the cushion and the top of the seat back will be right at the bottom of the window opening.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.