Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#391450 06/28/17 09:30 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Restoring '47 Stylemaster coupe. Had to replace rocker panels. I am at my wit's end to find clips that will hold the molding to the rocker as the rockers are enclosed. I would like to find the type that have little 'wings' at the top, push down on the molding and snap the bottom edge in. OR Whatever will work without making big holes in the rockers. Any ideas?

Become a Member!

JOIN THE VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Not knowing how your replaced rockers are made, tough to answer. try this place.
RESTORATION SPECIALTIES in Windber, Pa
www.restorationspecialties.com Item #2345 pg 135 in catalog. They have many other clips etc to pick from.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

dick

Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks for the help Dick.

In fact, I have tried Restoration Specialties and the clips you suggest, even though they should work, do not. They are not long enough.

Search continues.

Thanks again.

Gerry

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
If all else fails can you weld on enough length to make them work ?? Maybe cut off the threaded part at the clip and attach a longer piece of all-thread either by welding or using JB Weld. Desperate times causes desperate solutions. Not ideal but just might work as long as you don't over tighten the attaching nuts.

Dick

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.