Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#384855 03/01/17 10:37 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Ok all..yet another discussion. It about interior kit or upholstery. The 35 standard is a hard animal. I tried calling Labaron Bonney today and they don’t make a kit for a 1935 Standard….WHY it makes no sense as I can’t be the only person that owns one and if so I want a million dollars for mine. I know the 35 Master sold more in in 1935 but still 217,000 Standards were sold…done with rant. bonk

The guy Dave there said they had never had a 1935 standard in their shop so they didn’t have a pattern. My upholstery seems to match all the pictures I have seen on the internet so who makes it???? As I do not believe it is the original. Also, if anyone has pictures of their 35 standard. Could you Please send me or post them here. Also who did your interior? Mine has suffered some water stains and I would like to replace the whole interior.

Steve bonk

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I have a '36 Standard Town Sedan and was in the same place you are. I had a local FURNITURE upholster do my seats, side door and rear seat (including arms rests)panels. I saved hundred of dollars by not getting a kit. The upholster did me right by copying the exact design and button pattern. The problem is you can not get the exact same material as was in the car. We went to the so called "official place" all upholster go to and looked for a similar material. Found one as close to original as possible. The fabric was ordered. (Local Auto Upholster shops would not touch the car due to the seats are more like furniture than auto.) It took him three weeks to do the car seats and door panels. Be sure and get extra material that over extends past door panel material. Be sure you place plastic sheeting on the back of all panels. This prevents water from coming through. The car's design is to let water drain inside the doors and body. (Be sure all drain holes are clear before reassembly.) Pay particular attention to the old fabric being removed and take lots of photos as you remove the panels and seats. Panels material most likely will have to be replaced. Do not place batten or padding between fabric and panel for a reasonable distance around door locks and door/window handles as they will not have room to be put back on. Photos Especially of the seat adjustment system and of nail patterns through fabric. Photo the seat on the floor before removed. My car came out very nicely done.

The Headliner was ordered from Labaron Bonney. It did fit exactly. They include instillation instructions with the kit. It is not all that hard to do. Just take your time. I can send photos, too. Good luck.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Did they make a kit for the Master?

J Franklin
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Yes they do and according to him the door stitching might be different. He wanted me to send him pictures of my current one. The only door issue I see is that the master has front suicide doors so not sure the handle hols would be the same??

Steve

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
A 1935 Standard & Master are 2 totally different cars. If you have anything left of the original, you might need to seek out an upholstery shop in your area that has done older cars...Joe

See America's First...Chevrolet

1931 Sedan Delivery 31570
1933 Standard Sports Coupe 33628.
1934 Master Sedan Delivery Canadian 177/34570
1968 Z/28 Camaro
1969 SS 396 Camaro
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I wonder if the cording a round the doors would work and the head liner. I am guessing they have to sell that stuff by the foot and the headliner should be close enough. I think a good upholstery shop should be able to do it just got to get some mohair cloth

Steve

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Steve it is not a big deal to do your 1935 Chevy Standard over! A good upholstery shop near you will have no problems bringing it back to original dated condition! If you have parts that are missing just get some pictures of other cars that year and model and they will have no problem recreating it!

I have this great shop near me but I am here in Massachusetts that will do old antique car jobs just from pictures because the cars are so rare and there are no aftermarket kits available.

Rory
1934 Chevrolet Standard DC Sport Roadster for sale
1933 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1934 Ford 4 Door Sedan under construction
1933 Ford 4 Door Phaeton

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Many of the parts like rope work around the seats and doors can be saved and recovered. I re-used the kick carpet from behind the front seats as it was still in perfect condition. Take photos of your present seats and doors panels, carpet, mats, etc. You will be proud to have before and after photo's. Save all screws and tacks. Some can be re-used. Window felt is tacked in place. The tacks will be found in the bottom of the "U". Pay attention to the panel where it attaches to the wall near the floor. Good luck.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Let me know if you still need upholstery pics. My 35 std coupe interior was redone by the second owner and looks fairly "correct"

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
I would enjoy any pictures. Please Private Message me and I 'll give you my email. Thank you for all the advice

Stee

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Please send some photos of the 35 std. to my email thanks,wes
Lilhemiram@yahoo.com

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
My 35 standard coupe is in the upholstery shop now will be for two to three weeks. I found material that is real close to stock and he is stitching it to match the original. I will let you know how stock it looks when I get it back.
Jim
I will try to send some pictures of the original to your e-mail.

Last edited by SSR2004; 06/26/17 08:27 PM. Reason: .

Jim
1935 3 window coupe standard
2004 SSR
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
we have a 35 Standard Coach with almost 100% if the factory interior in good condition. PM me if you want photos......

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Yes, your pm is full

Lilhemiram@yahoo.com

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I also am from MA and have a 35 Chevy Standard Coach. Where is this upholstery shop you mentioned?

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (gachap, chevy b), 97 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
SabrinaKarras, Speedy1
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,072
Posts429,077
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.