Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#390988 06/20/17 01:49 AM
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
OP Offline
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
The Junkyard Dogs are back!! As the old timers to the VCCA will recall, there was a continuous series in the G&D about the adventures of the Junkyard Dogs. The Junkyard Dogs visited various car collections, junkyards, and other related types of collections for 25 years with their adventures appearing in the G&D at various intervals. In 2007 the Junkyard Dogs retired and they had their final adventure at which time about 41 VCCA members attended.

Well....the Junkyard Dogs are back! They have come out of retirement to do one last adventure! Due to many, many requests over the years.....one last adventure as been put together and it starts tomorrow morning.......early! There are VCCA members here from Oregon, Washington, California, Connecticut and the country of Denmark. Billy Boy Barker, the VCCA web master is here.......so is 32Confederate along with many other VCCA members that frequent Chevy Chatter as well.

Those attending were hand picked and the adventure is limited to 20 VCCA members. What a fun time the guys are going to have for the next two days and we are going to see some fantastic stuff! The event was kicked off this evening with pizza and beer at a local establishment....and actually there was more beer flowing than there were pizzas eaten.

Billy Boy Barker will probably post some photos of the great collections that will be visited in the next two days so that those on Chevy Chatter can join in the fun as well.

Look for a detailed two-part story about this fantastic adventure in a future issue of the G&D!

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
You kept that quiet Skip. If finances had permitted I would have been back.
Enjoy the beer, pizza and old Chevs
Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
One of the hardest invitations I've ever had to turn down... imsorry I wish I was there! As I recall, this must be about the third or fourth "Final JYD Tour"... so I'm holding out hope that you'll be able to someday slide one more in there...

Have fun, and make sure lots of pictures are posted!

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
OP Offline
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
As I recall, this must be about the third or fourth "Final JunkYardDog Tour"

The one and only final Junkyard Dog tour was back in 2007 at which time the Junkyard Dogs retired. In the past 10 years I have had numerous requests to do another Junkyard Dog Tour....all of which have been turned town. At the Anniversary Meet in Lake Tahoe last August, many VCCA members asked me to do one more Junkyard Dog Adventure. My comment was that I would possibly consider doing one more adventure if I could find enough places to go to fill up a two day tour. I was able to do that so I decided to come out of retirement and bring back the Junkyard Dogs for one last adventure....(the first one in 10 years)...purely because of the many requests at the Lake Tahoe Meet last August.

We have completed the first day of the tour and we saw some dynamite things and all of the guys attending had a great time. We visited five different collections today plus had dinner and beer together in a reserved banquet room.

Tomorrow will be the final day of the two day adventure and there are several more great collections that we are going to visit along with a fabrication shop where a couple of Jay Leno's cars were custom manufactured. It is going to be another great day!

Billy Boy Barker will be posting photos of the two day adventure at the end of the week when he returns home.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.