Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#389200 05/15/17 11:02 AM
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Today is a beautiful 17C and sunny... what better day for an old Chevy ride! I threw Abby's child seat into the back, and gave her a ride to daycare this morning. Next I headed to the coffee shop, and then over to Southfields Public School for a "Show and Tell" date with Mrs. Pearce's Kindergarten class.

I talked to them about having a hobby, and meeting friends that enjoy things that they do. Some of them told me what they do as hobbies, and how they have different friends from just the same kids at school. I explained how having an interest in old cars has helped me meet many people. I told them that you guys and gals are cool!

They had a bunch of questions to ask as well. We talked about how old it is, and who helps me work on it. (I mentioned you guys again!) It was also fun explaining how much an old car costs to kids that have no concept of how money works!! I told them I got the car for free, and it's been an arm and a leg since then!

We then had a quick instruction about no touching, and did a walk around the car. I wanted to talk about the 92 hp output from the 216 cubic inch inline six... they wanted to make silly faces in the curved chrome bumpers. We did that instead! It was a fun morning, and I hope that maybe it put a spark in a young mind...

[Linked Image from i150.photobucket.com]

[Linked Image from i150.photobucket.com]

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Good for you Bruce. Car looks great.

dick

ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
That's a neat idea. I'd still remember it today if someone had brought that to my class! Car does look great.

1938 Canadian Pontiac Business Coupe (aka a 1938 Chevy Coupe with Pontiac shaped front sheet metal - almost all Chevy!)
1975 4-speed L82 Vette
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
Great idea Bruce, hopefully you have planted a few seeds....all it took for me was a ride in a fawn beige 64 Impala as a four year old and I was hooked for life!

Cheers,

Dave

Last edited by The53TwoTen; 05/21/17 06:35 PM.

"Take a stand and make a mark" Gilbert Kent
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
The kids loved it! I posted it on our class page and got a few comments from parents about how much they love the classics. One of the girls went home excited to tell her parents all about it. Her favourite part was finding out we don't wear seatbelts!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.