Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#388228 04/23/17 08:54 PM
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Why is "Price must be included" on the list of forums in the ads group for parts but not for Cars and trucks? The parts one in the initial forum all in bright, glaring letters but not Cars and Trucks. When you click on the Cars and Trucks the notice that 'Price must be included (in red) comes up.

i think this omission may cause some who place ads for Cars and Trucks to forget that the price must be included. initially the forum vor Cars and Trucks merely states "please include the price" not red "Price must be included."

And, as well, I think these two forums need some more thought. i don't know the solution but I suspect that many members post parts on ebay or Craigs list rather than here on Chatter because they don't have a clue as to something they have is worth. There they go the auction route and we miss out on the part or car.

Owing to the fact that an auction type forum would take some serious thought and that it may be a mess to handle, I have confidence that a system could be worked out so that it would be rather simple. i'm ceartinally not that smart. We need help on this. Let's hire a consultant? maybe not.

As an example, i have a brand new, in the box right parking light for a 1952. i don't have a clue what it is worth. Rather than sticking it on our for sale forum the only choice is to put it on ebay. I have other parts that fir this catagory, as well.

mainly this post right here is about the red ink. dance

Charlie computer

Join VCCA For Technical Help

VCCA members have access to a list of over 50 Technical Advisors who can help you with your car. It's worth the price of membership! While you can get a lot of information for free in this forum, sometimes the info that you REALLY need is only available from the right person. This is what "The World's Best Chevrolet Club" is all about!

JOIN THE VCCA TODAY!

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Good point Charlie. Might be a good idea to make all the For Sale Forums the same. While most regular viewers are familiar with the rules it could certainly be confusing for a newcomer. As to determining a value it is up to the seller to do his homework to determine a fair value. Those that fail to do so risk selling for too little or not selling at all.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
Steve D,

Thanks for your post. What you say about the seller determining a fair price for his stuff is the present norm, it still leaves a little to be desired.

Best,
Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Ebay is best resource to sell our parts or buy them.

The market ( ebay bidders ) will set the final price depending on who wants to own your part and how badly.

Old story , price it right to start with and you will attract bidders. Overprice it and nobody bids and you have to go to multiple relists at lower prices on the item until you attract somebody at a lower price.

There is a few items in the 34-35 chev section right now that are wildly overpriced to start with, with nobody bidding. And I do not think anybody will.

But I was wrong on a 34 Chevrolet lighter , opening bid $200 buy it now $275. Went 7 days no bids. Gets relisted and somebody decides he has to have it for $275 and its gone .

Am I , or was I wrong not to buy it??? or at least bid on it to take the $275 BIN option out. The $200 is $250 Canadian with exchange. I just do not see it the price, but I am wrong, somebody wanted it more than I do and was will to pay it.

So I will wait ,another will come along over time, on ebay they always do.

mike hood

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750

I have sold 3 classic cars on e-bay..Would I list them here? probably not. 2 reasons--Limited exposure....And our members pick a sale to pieces....This site would be best left to parts
for sale or wanted.

Old cars have always owned me.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
I agree with MIKE and BLUE 38
to me, it seems on here to have little buyer traffic, even if you are selling a part, or asking a question,, you might get lookers, but sometimes not even an answer to your question .

I list on ebay because I think that`s where you guys are looking, have even met and sold items to VCCA members through ebay.
and would rather sell the extra parts on here, so i could discount the ebay commision. but to me traffic and interest is limited to only a few topics
this is just my opinion.
Perry #36554

ChatMaster - 6,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 6,000
How about if the seller lists the price and then add on off the two options below:

a. (price) then "negotiable" or "NEG"
'

b. (price) or "best reasonable offer" or
'BRO"

The above will satisfy those who want to avoid an auction and give those who wantg to buy a way to do so.

What's wrong with this proposal?

It seems that this would provide a way around a hard, set pricing that tends to drive sellers who want give fellow VCCA folks first chance at buying without iforcing them to ebay or craaigs list, et al.

Charlie computer

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.