Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cabboy Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
What's the chance anyone has a car painted with Congo Smoke with Talina Brown moldings? These are 1928 colors and I would love to see pictures or other reference to know hat the color looks like?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
PAINT CHIPS ARE SO HARD TO COME BY , AND ESPECIALLY CANADIAN PAINT CHIPS.

You might find places like Hibernia Auto restoration in Hibernia NJ....google them who has lots of chips or mixing codes.

Other than that you will have to try to locate in a hidden area on the inside of the vehicle a chip of paint that's left.

mike

cabboy Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
Didn't really expect to see actual paint chips. More hoping someone might have a car painted with these colors or a photograph of a car painted such. These were mostly 1928 colors.
Regards

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Did you at least check in with Hibernia restoration to see if they can help you or point you in the right direction.

By the way , unless your looking at an original car , with original paint, or a quality photograph, how do you even know the person actually had the car painted the correct original colour .

Most people throw up their hands when they cannot come up with the exact paint formula and tell the painter, here this looks close , lets do this one. !!

mike hood

cabboy Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
So after much careful inspecting and cleaning I found the colors on the windshield post covers and the lower windshield aluminum trim. It seems to have originally been Driftwood Smoke with Lindbergh Blue moulding. From what I have been told and researched as well the striping will be Mt Ash Scarlet. If I used disk wheels they go Lindbergh Blue with Mt Ash Scarlet striping as well. If I mount the wood wheels I have they will go black. There are paint codes and color references available for these color so when the time comes I should be good to go.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.