Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#386046 03/21/17 12:32 AM
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I have a 33 Master 5 Window Coupe. All of the escutcheons on my car are loose. They vibrate out of the door panel and sit crooked on the handle. The link below shows how they look. Can anyone tell me how I can tighten these up so they look correct?

Loose Escutcheons

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
A special tool is used to attach the escutcheons to the body panels. From the photo it looks like maybe your escutcheons are broken. If that is the case you will need new escutcheons and the special tool to install them.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks for the input Junk Yard Dog. I am assuming I will need to remove the door handles. Is there any trick to removing the door panels and then the door handles? Are there any remove and replace procedures printed anywhere?

Again, thanks for the help. This forum is priceless. The members really go out of their way to help each other. It's awesome.

Dennis Jones

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Do you have a shop manual and a Fisher Body Manual for your car?

Yes, the door handles will have to be removed to replace the escutcheons. You might also have to remove the interior door panels as well to make things easier.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
You can get the escutcheons from TFS. They are listed as door handle ferrules going on the outside handles and escutcheons on the inner handles. The tool to install the ferrules (C-662) can be purchased from them and returned for a partial refund if you decide not to keep it.

Steve D
Jonda1 Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Thanks everyone for the good advice. Shows how uninformed I am I even listed the wrong nomenclature for them. I guess they are called ferrules.
I do have a maintenance manual but I didn't see that it shows any procedures for this.
Dennis

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.