Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
WOW yay NOS 348 tri-power auction #162375846743 yay

Wilwood Engineering1955-1957

Willwood Engineering

Wilwood Engineering designs and manufactures high-performance disc brake systems.
Wilwood Engineering, Inc. - 4700 Calle Bolero - Camarillo, CA 93012 - (805) 388-1188

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
It can not be new as Chevrolet did not offer it as a new part - as a complete assembly.
It could have been reomved from a car where the customer did not want, like, or need thre carburetors...so it did have gas in the carbs. at one point and coolant in the manifold. The orange has been repainted and the oil cap painted orangen rather than the original black.
I would say there is a different story behid it , but intreating.

Gene Schneider
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Auction says nothing about setup being sold to PUBLIC as unit. Carbs,linkage, slide valve, vacuum actuator,thermastat housing, AND manifold are NEW and UNUSED. Setup came out of automotive college where is was a static display for students to study. Yes paint is new. Let the bidding begin, :)

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Since the "assembly" you see was never offered as an assembly in the parts book, it was removed from an engine, at some point and time.
For the ad to state gas and / or antifreeze has never flowed through these components is deceptive and misleading.
And the repainted manifold ?
Bidder beware.

1951 Chevy Styleline Deluxe 2 door sedan / purchased from second owner 6-19-2000.
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
I think it's a fine line between NOS and new never installed on a RUNNING engine. When I attended a trade school we had many items donated by local dealers including transmissions, engines and axles. While they were never "put into service" some were taken apart and reassembled several times. Also not all necessary parts were installed as there was no intention of actual use of the unit and there was a concern regarding the $$$ spent replacing disposable items-mainly seals and gaskets.

Steve D
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I am very sorry I even mentioned the auction here now, you fellows are right ,I am wrong about everything ,,EVEN IF I AM THE OWNER,(what would I know?) Even if I have been a class A licenced mechanic since 1979,I don't know what I am talking about, everything you guys said is true , I am a liar, I am a cheat, I am a very bad person. Sorry I painted the manifold , it's useless now , I should just throw it away.. Thanks for reminding me why I don't attend car shows anymore. Have a great day

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
stylemaster mel.....

I don't know where I have seen it maybe a ford ad, that a 3 x 2 bbl setup or 2 x 4 bbl set up was placed in the car trunk, to be installed by the dealer, or owner. Maybe it was MOPAR ?

I don't see why the chevy 3 x 2 setup complete could not have been placed in the trunk for install by dealer or owner .

As far as painting it the manifold, think that only happens when its installed on the motor and whole thing , engine and intake gets painted at once at the engine facility, exh manifolds included . FIRE IT UP AND PAINT IS GONZO.

Otherwise if its just an off a parts shelf manifold, from the foundry that's machined and ready to use ?? Would it be painted ???? Don't think so , but that's my .75 cents canuck . Think it should have the WINTERS CASTING snowflake ?

The ebay item number does not work.

Okay, just got off the telephone too Florida with Frank A. head of "vintage vehicle services Canada" and employee since 1965, As a ware house manager, warranty auditor of dealerships, and service manager and finally head of Vintage services .

Frank says to the best of his knowledge only the 1969-70 trans-am series camero 302 motored Z28 with the cross manifold or the 2 x 4 cross manifold came in the trunk . Believe the car came with single 4 barrel on hi rise manifold ?

Any 2x4 or 3x2 or FI setup came on the car using an option code to be so equipped . Like a big block chev 427--435 hp was aluminum heads, cam and 3x2 cards.

So lets just say the complete system that was on display was DEALER or OWNER TAKE OFF.

Hope this info helps.

mike Agrin hood

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
OMG I don't believe this, can none of you guys read ?, the manifold is cast iron,(no snowflake) it's NOT aluminium . When I got this setup many many years ago the manifold had NO PAINT on it ,,it was bare cast iron, the manifold is NEW, never used, never been on an engine, never had a drop of fuel thru it, never seen oil, never seen antifreeze. I'ts NEW ,,,I don't know how many ways I can say it? The carbs and all the linkages , slide valve, vacuum actuator, thermastat housing are NEW, never used, never taken apart.This was a STATIC display unit, not some piece of crap everybody and his uncle could play mechanic and take it apart.Yes the manifold has been painted Chev orange,and yes I dared to paint it,and yes I did replace the steel fuel lines .The distributor included in the auction is USED but is a CORRECT date coded 348 tri-power dist with correct vacuum advance #133.But don't believe me,I am a liar,,, ask bobg1951chevy VCCA #42866 he know's everything.

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
I think the paint has probably kept it in better condition than had it not been painted however once painted it is no longer NOS. Those that are bidding are probably glad it was painted and preserved. If I were bidding ( which I am not) I would be more concerned with parts that deteriorate with time such as gaskets and rubber parts.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by StylemasterMEL
WOW yay NOS 348 tri-power auction #162375846743 yay

well I searched ebay usa for Item #162375846743..........it does not exist under that number that I could find.

Care to post an ebay item # link ?

mike hood

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Originally Posted by StylemasterMEL
OMG I don't believe this, can none of you guys read ?, the manifold is cast iron,(no snowflake) it's NOT aluminium . When I got this setup many many years ago the manifold had NO PAINT on it ,,it was bare cast iron, the manifold is NEW, never used, never been on an engine, never had a drop of fuel thru it, never seen oil, never seen antifreeze. I'ts NEW ,,,I don't know how many ways I can say it? The carbs and all the linkages , slide valve, vacuum actuator, thermastat housing are NEW, never used, never taken apart.This was a STATIC display unit, not some piece of crap everybody and his uncle could play mechanic and take it apart.Yes the manifold has been painted Chev orange,and yes I dared to paint it,and yes I did replace the steel fuel lines .The distributor included in the auction is USED but is a CORRECT date coded 348 tri-power dist with correct vacuum advance #133.But don't believe me,I am a liar,,, ask bobg1951chevy VCCA #42866 he know's everything.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

STYLEMASTER MEL

SEEING AS HOW I COULD NOT GET THE EBAY AUCTION TO COME UP USING THE NUMBER YOU SUPPLIED, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW ITS NOT ALUMINUM AND HAVE A WINTERS SNOW FLAKE.?

******FINALY FOUND IT...RIGHT AUCTION ITEM NUMBER, LISTED AS " 1958 TRI-POWER ASSEMBLY COMPLETE" no idea why would not come up.

IN YOUR ORIGINAL POST YOU mentioned nothing ABOUT IT BEING CAST IRON ? BOY TALK ABOUT BEING BRIEF IN YOUR DESCRIPTION . I CANNOT SEE WHAT OTHERS APPARENTLY HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ON EBAY AND COMMENT ABOUT.

So you or somebody else purchased at some point in time a 348 tri-power GM 348 cast iron manifold over the counter, that qualifies it for NOS status. Then SOMEBODY dug up all the related parts to fit on the manifold ? YOU or somebody else did ??????????? All un-used parts brand new , qualifies the setup as NOS.

Have a nice day Agrin

mike hood

Last edited by mike_lynch; 02/04/17 02:24 AM.
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
stylemasterMel got himself $1075 USA bucks for the tri-power.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

mike hood

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
That's $1400 Canuck Bucks...

Nice...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
2 members (minetto, chevy b), 62 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,069
Posts429,047
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.