Vintage Chevrolet Club Forums
A nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation, restoration and enjoyment of all Chevrolets and GMCs.

VISITORS: You are welcome to read our forums. If you want to participate FREE then you need to register. Join the VCCA and get access to the member-only features of the forum, including the ability to attach/upload photos. You'll also receive our monthly magazine "Generator & Distributor". Yearly membership as low as $25!

VCCA MEMBERS: Already a member? Great! Info to access the members-only area.

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#379219 - 11/24/16 06:00 AM Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller .
jack39rdstr Offline

Loc: Australia
I know most folks here already sing the praises of The Filling Station, but I have just received another shipment from them in Speedy time,

Unfortunately , I cannot say the same for an Ebay seller , who at the time advertised 1931 to 1932 front spring bolts , as being in stock , so I first purchased from them some six months ago, , and never received them, and my emails were never answered, so over $250.00 down the drain.

Thank you Steve and the team for all your effort , in delivering these parts overseas with such reliability.

How About Joining Us?
Do you like what you see?
Become a member.  Get access to the rest of the club.
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America
"The World's Best Chevrolet Club"
#379222 - 11/24/16 01:55 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
m006840 Offline

Loc: merrimack nh
Did you notify Ebay? They should be able to help as bad publicity is not good for their business. Also if an Ebay seller is doing a lot of business Ebay can ban them from the site until the problem is resolved.

#379230 - 11/24/16 03:34 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
Junkyard Dog Offline

Loc: Eagle Point, Oregon
Did the seller have good or bad feedback?

laugh wink beer2

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"

#379234 - 11/24/16 06:16 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
swk1 Offline

Shade Tree Mechanic

Loc: Lebanon, Oregon
Hi Jack, Steve from TFS here. Thank you for your kind comments. We were out of stock on the spring bolts for a time but got them back in stock recently. Can you send me a private message with the Ebay seller's info? If it is someone that buys these from us, I may be able to help.

#379282 - 11/25/16 07:28 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: swk1]
jack39rdstr Offline

Thanks Steve , PM sent.

Unfortuntley , with ebay shipments to Australia, the time to get here can be 6 weeks, depending on how quickly the seller ships the item, so often the time to report to ebay has lapsed, and I have to fair to the seller, to not leave hasty negative feedback, when they may have done the right thing all along.

also 45 days to make a claim is often not enough under those circumstances.

In this case it seems that parts were sold on ebay, when no parts were available.

#379351 - 11/26/16 09:26 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
Irritating_One Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic

Loc: irritating in Canada
I would talk to Paypal, they give you 180 days to get your money back.

#379514 - 11/29/16 07:24 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
jack39rdstr Offline

Thanks to Steve at the www.fillingstation.com, I have now received a full refund from the ebay seller for both of the purchases I made from him.

Thanks Steve for your help in this matter.
Regards Jack

#379515 - 11/29/16 07:58 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
chef-chevy Offline

Loc: seattle,wa.
That's one happy ending!!!

#380401 - 12/15/16 06:00 PM Re: Filling Station compared to an Ebay seller . [Re: jack39rdstr]
mike_lynch Offline

Loc: whitby ontario Canada
Originally Posted By: jack39rdstr
Thanks Steve , PM sent.

Unfortuntley , with ebay shipments to Australia, the time to get here can be 6 weeks, depending on how quickly the seller ships the item, so often the time to report to ebay has lapsed, and I have to fair to the seller, to not leave hasty negative feedback, when they may have done the right thing all along.

also 45 days to make a claim is often not enough under those circumstances.

In this case it seems that parts were sold on ebay, when no parts were available.

My experience with shipping parts to Australia by the cheapest way........SEA, I usually quoted 2-3 months for delivery and delivery was normally in that time frame.

I always made sure that the buyer had the CHOICE of either AIR or SEA and the difference in $$$$$ cost.

Every package got there and 80% of those choosing SEA speed were happy.

madmike3434 on ebay

mike lynch

Moderator:  CHEVY, ken48 
Your Status
Please login to post or reply.* * *
Send My Password
Who's Online
1 Chat Members (Peter_Gariepy), 1 Guest and 30 Spiders or Bots online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Today's Birthdays
32confederate
Helpful Links
Forum Registration
New User Forum
Members Only Forum
Reset Your Password
Kill Your Cookies

VCCA Home
Join the VCCA
Member Photos
My 31' Chevy Show
What is missing?
31' headlight reflectors re-silvered at home
1936 Roadster - S. Africa
Chevy on the Levee
'37 Seat
Forum Stats
15086 Chat Users
79 Forums
50178 Topics
366686 Posts

Max Online: 304 @ 06/18/16 10:00 AM

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.