Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#372902 07/30/16 09:28 PM
Hawkeye Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
Taking the knowledge and information I received from Club Members and a local "cagey" parts guy and mechanic, I was able to come up with something real close. I installed the exhaust pipe today and it looks to be correct. I have not started the engine yet - hopefully tommorrow. First, I purchased an exhaust pipe reducer from NAPA.

[Linked Image from i1311.photobucket.com]

Then I took my exhaust pipe and the reducer to a recommended repair garage that the NAPA parts guy suggested. Turns out that mechanics son works at NAPA. I showed him what I wanted and he said have a seat. I told him I did not expect instant service, just a suggestion. About 7 minutes later, he showed me what he did. It was just what I wanted. He cut the reducer, flared it slightly, flared the end of my exhaust pipe to a 45 degree end and spot welded it together. The best part, he did not want and money for the job. He said, from one car nut to another. He has a 1953 Pontiac with a 235 Chevrolet engine. So this coming Monday, I am going to have a couple of pizzas delivered to his shop. It is the least I can do.

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
Looks good! Glad you got it figured out. I really wish I took a picture of mine before he assembled it.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
Hawkeye,

Keep track of your bolt configuration. You may find them loosing up with the expansion-contraction caused by the heating up of your manifold, and engine vibration. Perhaps others have some good advice on how they eliminate this worry?

Nice job, Mike

P.S. We all need to take your pizza advice. A lot of nice people make our hobby possible.

Mike 41 Chevy

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.