50th installment - '28 engine tear down
49th installment - '28 engine tear down
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#365173 - 03/26/16 02:42 AM SCAM ALERT
Bill Barker Offline

ChatMaster

Loc: Issaquah, WA
Please be aware our Forums have been infiltrated by a scammer who is responding to your Parts Wanted postings. This creep, who uses the name Graham Vermillion, allegedly from Mendota, VA and email address grahamsparesaagmailcm

He responds directly to email addresses ... he does not reply on forum posts or via PM's. He even emails pictures of the desired part(s) ... then says he needs to be paid by Moneygram or bank wire transfer (no PayPal), which is of course a RED FLAG.

To suck folks in even further, he provides "free shipping and insurance" and below market prices.

One of our Chat members recently lost $100 this way. The lady who lives at the Mendota, VA address is a victim herself. She has no involvement in this scan and she has personally lost money herself.

If you get any correspondence from grahamspares@gmail.com, don't respond to him. If you know how to capture the underlying "routing information", then do that. Lots of people would like to hunt him down.

#384969 - 03/02/17 09:15 PM Re: SCAM ALERT- newer member [Re: Bill Barker]
joeyk3950 Offline

Shade Tree Mechanic

Loc: Central New York
Bill, 5 years ago a newer member who had advertized regularly on EBAY, skinned me for over $400.00 for 4 window frames for a 1957 Sports Sedan,complete with broken glass in all 4 windows, he said he had a buyer in NJ who wanted them...I emailed individual, who said he'd be up in 2 weeks to pickup up frames that were beyond pitted....never showed or called, phone number he gave me was disconnected....This guy is out of Chico,Ca....He's a business, selling parts and cars in our G&D, Classic Cars and Hemmings.....He skinned this disabled veteran,said he couldn't give me a refund.....At least have him pay advertising rates, he should be black-balled....Any fellow VCCA members been skinned by this guy joeyk3950

Edited by joeyk3950 (03/02/17 09:17 PM)

#384973 - 03/03/17 01:20 AM Re: SCAM ALERT- newer member [Re: joeyk3950]
Bill Barker Offline

ChatMaster

Loc: Issaquah, WA
Look at page 40 in this month's G&D. March 2017 issue.

There is an address for Classified Ads, and just below it, an address for Commercial Classified Ads.

You should document your issue and send it to either of these two addresses depending upon whether it was a "member" ad, or a "commercial" ad that your were responding to.

This should then get routed to the G&D Committee. Let them know if you have had a bad experience with an advertiser.

#386015 - 03/20/17 09:47 PM Re: SCAM ALERT- newer member [Re: Bill Barker]
Qman Offline

Shade Tree Mechanic

Loc: Rocklin, CA
I had someone send me an email about the 2 doors that I am looking for. They sent the email directly to my email and did not reply via chat.

I tried googling his name and the name of his shop and could not find anything... so seeing that my telephone number was on my original posting and that i can not find anything about him or his shop on line I will take it that this is a scam. Below is a copy of his email

--
Hello buddy,

I am emailing with respect to your advert. Please let me know if you are still in need of the above and I'll get back to you. What's your phone # ?

Kind regards,

Brian E Lawrence
Brian E Auto Shop
Newport News, VA 23606
USA.

#388731 - 05/05/17 01:45 AM Re: SCAM ALERT [Re: Bill Barker]
henney Offline
Grease Monkey

Loc: clinton corners n.y.
RICO R BUNTON says hes from 6602 north 1st street alviso califorina 95002 phone number 510-859-6887 (phone is shut off after monies were transfered via western union) he must go thru the wanted adds here at VCCA Research what your looking for then talk you out of your money.He also has a buddy AMAHD who aranges the shipping.AMAHD actually calls you to tell you its out to bid bids are at say 1,200 but he will get lower bids within the hour.keep in mind he calls you from a phone you cant see his number.you do get a call saying you got lucky your bid came in at $775.00 great.Shipping will go on ricos credit card you pay shipper when item arrives. yes i should have gotten shippers name ,number which i tried but never called back.Hope he does'nt get anyone else THANK YOU RICCO I WILL CONTINUE TO SEARCH YOU OUT

#388740 - 05/05/17 01:53 PM Re: SCAM ALERT [Re: henney]
brewster Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
Never, ever, ever use Western Union to send money to someone you don't know!!!

That's Internet rule #1...

1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
1950 Deluxe Convertible
2011 Equinox
2008 GMC SLT 4X4

#391170 - 06/23/17 09:30 PM Re: SCAM ALERT [Re: brewster]
63novaandy Offline

Shade Tree Mechanic

Loc: Sylvania, Ohio
I agree with Bruce 100 percent I sell parts over the internet and always prefer pay pal even though they charge me a fee when I get money sent to me it is worth it knowing I am not getting scammed
Andy Jurski #42092
Family collection:
23 collector cars:
17 Chevrolet's
2 Ford
1 Oldsmobile
3 Pontiac's

Moderator:  Bill Barker 
Your Status
Please login to post or reply.* * *
Send My Password
Who's Online
0 Chat Members (), 0 Lookie Loo's and 40 Spiders or Bots online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
We speak Chevy!
Time Flys!
Since 12/16/2001
Previous Photos
Newest Chat Registration
Shermy, CommanderSashi, Emanuel, DrDoug, ronp
14741 Registered Users
VCCA Info Links
NEWBIES START HERE
CHAT HELP
Send My Password
Kill My Chat Cookies
VCCA Home
G&D Calendar
Judging
Club Regions
Join Info
Forum Stats
14741 Chat Users
77 Forums
48874 Topics
357761 Posts

Max Online: 304 @ 06/18/16 10:00 AM
See the USA
In your
Dinah says Hi!!

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.