Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Can anyone tell me what the original seam layout and styles are a '46 Chevy pickup. Mine was recovered many years ago so I have lost original upholstery details. I'm in the process of restoring to as close to original as possible. I notice photos of most restored trucks show piping or welting in the seams and a horizontal seam running from side to side at the top front of the seat cushion and the seat back. These horizontal seams and the piping in the seams are not in my old recovered seats. What is correct?

Bob Strattan
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
There is a VCCA menber by the name of Tim Sheridan that has a complete history of restoring his 1946 pick-up. If you do a search of his name and 1946 Chevy truck you sould find him.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Tim Sheridan's web-site www.46chevy.com doesn't seem to be active. I have not been able to access it. There is a 46chevytruck.com page on facebook that appears to be related to Sheridan but the links to the website included there don't work for me.

Is anyone else having a similar problem accessing this wealth of information?

Bob Strattan
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I clicked on the link above and the page that came up indicated that the web site was for sale. So, it appears as though that the web site in question is gone.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Tim indicated some weeks ago on the Stovebolt site that he was needing to look into changing his hosting site. He was hopeful he could transition to a new one quickly and without too much difficulty. It appears the change is still in progress.

Bob:
I have several references that show photos of the upholstery. When I see you at the Area 6 Joint Meet, I'll have them with me for you to review.

Last edited by 37Blue; 09/17/15 02:19 PM.
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I am working on getting the page back up and operational .

www.artdecotruck.com
www.46chevytruck.com

they go to the same page. Sorry it went down for a while. It will take a bit to get everything working again so please be patient.
Tim

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Bob,
Two thoughts on this. First, did you lift up the current fabric on the seats? Sometimes folks just upholster right over the original materials, which is what I found on my 51 coupe.

Second, contact Lebaron Bonney (a.k.a. Hampton Coach) as they sell original upholstery sets and can send you free samples. Even if you don't buy from them, you might get a better clue as to what your pickup had.

Good luck.

Rick

"Never time to do it right the first time, but always time to do it over."

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.