Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Qman Offline OP
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
I just wanted to give a warning on an e-Bay seller that offers to either sell you a restored carburetor or rebuild yours.

I made the mistake of sending this service provider with two RAXKO carburetors for him to rebuild. One came off of my running 1928 LO truck that is restored and the other was a working spare that I removed years ago after I attempted a rebuild.

Needless to say, I sent the carburetors to him, he resorted them and charged me extra for replacement fuel inlets, inlets screens and the bolt for the inlets. I approved for the extra items since I wanted a rebuilt - restored unit.

I received the carburetors in a timely matter and my error was not inspecting them when I received them. I felt it was the safest thing for me to keep them in the box were they would not be loose and mixed in with all of the other items being restored.

To my disappointment when I opened the box months after receiving them and discovered that my carburetors were not rebuilt but replaced with other used parts that he had. Both of my brass bowls were a nice bright brass color free of any dings or dents. What I received were two off colored bowls with dents. Both of the fuel inlets were severely oxidized and one was broken and am thinking that the other will break when I try to install it.

I wrote the supplier to voice my concerns on his workmanship. I also took full responsibility of not opening the package sooner and I shared that in my email to him. I also stated that due to my error I was not asking anything from him. I just wanted him to know that I was disappointed in his workmanship. The supplier in turn replied with a nasty email taking no responsibility for his work saying that he did not care if I would give him a bad review since he has more business that he can handle.

So, if anyone would like more detail just email me. I would gladly share additional information, I would even share copies of our emails.

I would have loved to have read some type of warning on this vendor before doing business with him. He may be a great service provider, I just wanted to share my disappointment in his work

Mike Quezada
(559) 250-5427
mike.quezada@M2ProSol.com
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
I talked to Mike about this post. I approve of it being posted here. He has a good story about a bad experience. And he's offered to exchange details offline with anyone who is considering the same service.

This is an excellent example of how to help protect other hobbyists from a bad service or vendor.

Thanks Mike for stepping up and letting us know.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
1 members (m006840), 76 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,055
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.