Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Today I received this request for help:
I have a favour to ask! A family friend in England is looking to acquire a Corvette for European touring, and I've offered to help him stateside. He spotted what appears to be a gorgeous low-mile 1962 in Eugene, Oregon, but the price is incredibly low - both of us are a bit concerned about it, and his quick search for the company seems to indicate that there's a lot of ill-will towards them online.

I was wondering whether you or someone else in the PNW might have heard of the company and be able to offer any insider info?

After a hectic day of research....
Here's the short answer -- it's a SCAM.

I talked by phone TODAY with two VCCA members who live in the Eugene area.

Lester Warner - called a friend for additional information and found that he previously purchased a Porsche from the Duncan brothers and was very happy with the service. This was a year or two ago. He had only the highest praise for them.

Mary Corrington - actually got in her car after I called her, and drove to the current location this afternoon 11/11/2015. The name on the car dealer business is now OCC Auto. She met Robert Duncan in person!! (His brother is George Duncan.) As soon as she asked, he replied that it was a SCAM. They sold their Duncan Motors business about a year ago and someone else has now begun to use the old website targeting overseas customers. He has received numerous phone calls about this. They are very frustrated and unhappy about someone using their names, but they don't know what else to do about it. This is a blatant case of identify theft.

Robert and George Duncan's business is now called OCC Auto Sales.
http://www.occinv.com/
They are both well-respected and are a legitimate business in Eugene, Oregon.

The old SCAM web page is located at:
http://www.duncanmotors-eugene.com/
Warning - Don't deal with anyone representing "Duncan Motors in Eugene, Oregon" since that is now a fictitious business name.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
The old adage still applies:, "If it's too good to be true, it probably is." Buyer beware.

Rick

"Never time to do it right the first time, but always time to do it over."

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.