Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#34959 07/15/03 09:15 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi, I'm Jason. I have a 49 Fleetline 2 door. It needs pretty much everything, floorpans, quarters, trunk, etc. I would just scrap it but I made a promise to the guy I bought the car from that I would fix it up. So I feel guilty anytime I wanna call the wrecker. Anyways, since most of the sheetmetal I can get new, or fabricate, but I need a door for the drivers side. I have been looking around, but haven't found one yet. Small patches are ok, cause mine is solid except for where it is smashed in the front. So do any of you guys know where I can find one? I would prefer to stay away from ebay if possible... Anyways, cool site, I have it bookmarked and will probably watch it every day now.

Thanks,
Jason

Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

#34960 07/15/03 09:26 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Jason,
Welcome to the VCCA site. I am sorry but I can
not help you with your search as my car is
1972. I am sure that someone here will guide
you as this club has a wealth of knowledge.
Good luck in your search.

Greg

1972 Monte Carlo
VCCA Senior
AACA Grand National
#34961 07/15/03 09:43 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Just look around. I know on Chevytalk there is a person out of Stillwater OK that has a lot of old chevy's plus a man I get parts from in MI. But if can find a old junk yard where you live you might be able to find some big body parts, You can get the rockers , floorpanel and rear fender panels from alot of the mailorder houses, Good luck but that's the fun of restoring these older cars.

#34962 07/15/03 09:48 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Sorry, Jason I told you the man I buy parts from was in MI he from MN here is his web site.
http://www.petesclassics.com/

#34963 07/16/03 07:01 AM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Thanks, I wish we had some "auto recycling facilities" around here that had old tin. Most are going with a rolling 10 year format, meaning very little stuff older than 10 years. I had a hard time finding stuff for my little bro's 84 Dodge pickup, and they made that stuff for 20+ years! Oh well, it's out there somewhere....

Jason

#34964 07/20/03 12:15 AM
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Say no to the scraper! Those Chevies are easy enough to restore, if you plan correctly.Just list carefully what you will need , if possible, before dismantling the car. The Recyclers at DVAP.Com and others have those doors. Just check somer more at the NV and AZ yards in the Internet and you will find the door. Wish I had one for my own Fleetline 51. It´s the worst part of my car, with some now slight waves.Ever had a 49/50? They have the Huck brakes, not good enough. The 51/54 brakes are a direct bolt on and are much better. Beyond that the parts are shared with lots of GM trucks, so are very easy to find.
Go ahead: The 2D Fleetline is a rare car now, and it´s so beautiful...

Mahar
51 Fleetline, 261, 3,55:1
94 Opel Omega 3,0

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.