Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#334074 02/12/15 02:37 PM
jfalk Offline OP
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
Am going to install top fabric for my 30 roadster finally this winter. I have a copy of the original pattern. I made a pattern out of used canvas to verify the fit,stapled it up there temp, and it fits OK. However the underside of the front bow (pattern is missing) There should be a flap of top material covering the top inch or so of the windshield to keep the air from rushing over the top of the windshield and into the car when driving,I have no detail on this. Should there be a steel rod across the front bow to hold this flap up or how is this portion constructed? I have some pictures of this flap on other cars but I cant find eneogh detail to help me out what holds te underside front top material up? Please help Thanks

Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
For a better response to your question, you should post in the 1929-32 forum instead of here in the Chatter Information forum which is for announcements about the VCCA Chat Forum and it's capabilities.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
OK thank you. Topbow

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.