Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The Long Island Region is hosting a one-day nationally judged meet at Sagamore Hill, Theodore Roosevelt's home in Cove Neck, New York, on July 20, 2014. This is a great setting for a meet and should be a lot of fun. Please contact Long Island Region director Chris Geiger at chevyrod1938@aol.com for meet information.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The location for this meet will change. The region and Sagamore Hill didn't reach an agreement on using the grounds. Please check this space for an update.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Where can I find photos of previous Northeast Meets?

ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thanks!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
I see 2012. Nothing on 2013.

Shade Tree Mechanic
OP Offline
Shade Tree Mechanic
The new location for the 2014 meet is the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, NY. Your registration fee will include a ticket to the museum. Please see the G&D for contact information.

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Anyone from Eastern Long Island cruising in for the show?

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Originally Posted by wisebri
Anyone from Eastern Long Island cruising in for the show?

What would you consider Eastern Long Island? The Long Island Region of the V.C.C.A. in existence for 35+ years with membership throughout Nassau and Suffolk County is hosting this meet. If you are a National Member (which I must assume you are by posting here), please come to a meeting. We meet the second Monday of each month in the Oyster Bay Community Center. More information is available in the G&D.

As for the meet, we've already exceeded our initial expectations. Our Chief Judge has been a Chief at multiple National meets and comes prepare with more than 30 years worth of V.C.C.A. judging experience. In addition, our membership has been to multiple anniversary meets, and have been to V.C.C.A. meets all over the country. So having said that, we have come to know the standard the organization expects, and we are excited about finally having our opportunity to continue to spread the growth of the National club.

The meet is actually coinciding with the 45th anniversary of the first lunar landing, just yards away from where the lunar module was developed. Each registration, includes a ticket to the Cradle of Aviation museum which has a lunar module prototype on display.

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
JohnIII,
If your post doesn't get a bunch more folks interested in attending the meet then I guess old age disease is advancing. It sure sounds like a great time. Too bad it is ~2000 miles away.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Eastern as in East Setauket. Oyster Bay is about an hour without the infamous traffic. The meeting scheduled time is difficult for me. As for the show, I am certainly hoping for a better turnout than the one other person (Chris) I saw at the Westbury Gardens show yesterday.
I am looking for fellow VCCA Suffolk County members to drive to Garden City with in case of any car problems. I will attend with or without my 35.

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Understood, we have a few members out in eastern Suffolk, (wading river) and even another member who comes in from Southold. It does make for a bit of a drive for them, but coming to see friends always makes up for it. A handful of us will usually meet for dinner before hand at one of the local pubs, so we try to make a full night out of it.

There was actually 9 of us parked in a row in either direction of Chris' car Sunday. We had a large tent behind the cars with the clubs banner, as well as a table in between my '54 and the gold '62 with V.C.C.A. promotional material. (brochures, recent G&D's, information about the July meet). Chris had mentioned he had been in contact with a National member, and he was hoping to have you stop by. We always have an open unattended cooler of water, so stop by the next time you see the banner.

We understand the highways can be daunting in a 35 so we are timing it to start early, and finish early before the bulk of daytime traffic. The location is only a few minutes away from where you were on Sunday, however, we have no intentions of dragging it out at as long as that show.

We hope to see you next month. For more specific information, send me a PM so we can remove the anonymity out of this.

Thanks,

John(III)

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Hmmm....No comment, hope he got my message!

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Got your message. Thanks. I will send you a PM. Today is "Mary's Pizza Car Show" in Islip. Pretty good show there and pizza.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.