Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#309349 06/01/14 05:35 PM
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
I went to a vintage car show here on Long Island today. A F___D Model A club had about 50-60 cars there. Many brass cars there as well.
One guy was there with a little VCCA magnetic sign on his car. I had my VCCA shirt on. That was it! :( Where were we? What can be done to get recognized here on Long Island?
Last year I went to the Rock Hall National Meet. There were about 25-30 cars there. I have not seen one picture or anything to acknowledge the 2013 Northeast show here. HELP.

Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Contact the local regions there. The Regional Directors are listed
here:
http://vcca.org/locations.php#NY

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
There might be some confusion because this was not a VCCA event or even had anything to do with the VCCA. Some of the active members of the VCCA Queens County Region and the Greater New York (City) AACA Region, are VERY active with that AACA Region and that show. I did see the VCCA Area Board Meember for our Area was directing traffic, and the President of the VCCA QCR judging Corvettes.

I also noticed that there was nothing about the Meet last published, too bad

It is a shame that you did not come across the Long Island Region. We had the LIVCCA Banner, table with information about the VCCA as well the July 20 VCCA Meet at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City, (registration deadline is coming soon) a tent, and handed out refreshments to fellow Chevrolet owners who were interested in the club
We have been a VCCA region for almost 40 years years and represented members from Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Some of us were parked in the display area we had 9 Cars parked together.

I do not attend many "local" shows, but I have been attending Westbury Gardens for over 40 years. I remember going with my Dad and his Model A and there always were at least 30-40 Model A's, even back in the early 70's. They are in the same class and parked together so they always will have a much larger presence due to that. The Long Island Model A club is one of the largest clubs on Long Island. I did see many VCCA Members there who decided to get judged but they were parked in the classes they were assigned so they were spread out over amoung the 700 or so cars. I did not see any VCCA T shirts, but then again there were a few thousand people walking around.
We meet on the second Monday of the month at the Oyster Bay Community Center, you should stop by. The LIVCCA President generated an internal e-mail LIVCCA members orgainzing this gathering.

I attended the Buick Show (I own one of them also) last week and there were about 80 cars there, many of which were at Westbury this weekend but despersed all over the field, they got lost with everything else, and hard to meet up with friends

Last edited by John 348/340HP; 06/02/14 01:44 PM.

John

1954 Belair Sport Coupe
1960 2 door Impala Hardtop 348/340HP 4spd
1962 2 door Impala Hardtop 409/409 4spd
1962 2 Door Biscayne Sedan 327/250 Auto
1977 Monza Mirage 305 4 Speed
1988 Celebrity Wagon
2018 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Diesel

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.