Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#30722 07/15/02 09:17 PM
Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Got back yesterday from 3 days of pure heaven. The IOLA old car show & swap meet, in Iola wis. Is one of, if not the Largest swap meet in the mid-west. 4500 swap spaces!!!
car corral, and show field of over 1000 cars.
For those of you not from the mid-west, It would be worth the trip to attend next year!
Came home with some real goodies this year.
a NOS rear fender,NOS fuel pump,both rear emergency brake cables NOS. Found the correct blade, and arm for my acc. rear wiper set-up. And finally after 5 years of searching I finally have my NOS ACC. electric clock,also got the 42 electric clock as part of the deal!!!
anybody else go to IOLA????????????
What did you find???????????

"Heaven is Driving my 47"
With that "GOOD GULF" gasoline.
http://www.gulfhistory.org/?
Filling Station - Chevrolet & GMC Reproduction Parts

Filling Station

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Glad you had good luck at Iola.It is about the only swap meet that you can find older parts at other than a Chevy Meet.You were lucky to find the wiper parts also.Now get to work on that car,driving it is still the most fun.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I agree with your assessment of the Iola Meet. I've been attending for the past eighteen years. The event is a true laid back midwestern happening and is a joy even if you don't find what you looking for. It's true that older items can be found in Iola, but my search for early 4 cylinder items is getting more difficult. Didn't find or see to much this year, but I'll be back next year regardless. I did find an original aluminum 1928 gas cap in a junk box of many used gas caps for the whopping price of 50 cents. Even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.

I attended the MidWest Meet in Janesville, Wisconsin the third week in June. Another good MidWest happening, laid back and fun with Fire Truck rides around the Motel and Home spun music in the parking lot after dark with others just leaning back in their lawn chairs, occasionally getting up to kick a few tires now and then. I'll be leaving for Matton, Illinois in the morning for the Central Meet. Going to be hot in southern Illinois this week.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Oldie, Happy to hear you enjoyed the MIDDLE WEST MEET.That was two years in the making by the WISCONSIN REGION.Hard to believe that its a month behind us already.I saw you there with your 34 coupe but (and as another 34 lover) never got a chance to visit with you.Have a good time in Mattoon. From another "old timer"

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
I look forward to Iola like a kid at Christmas, and usually find something there. I also like to make one major tool purchase there, since the prices are usually ridiculously low and no taxes. Last year was a Miller mig welder, this year I picked up a Makita buffer I've been wanting. Can't wait till next year.

Oil Can Mechanic
OP Offline
Oil Can Mechanic
Totally agree on "kid on christmas" thing......

We look SO forward to IOLA each year..

Wish it was longer!!!!!!!!!

"Heaven is Driving my 47"
With that "GOOD GULF" gasoline.
http://www.gulfhistory.org/?
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
chevgene-

You have me mistaken for another Michigan MiddleWest meet attendee. I was there with my '28 Roadster. The '34 coupe you spoke of had major engine problems during the Friday Tour. The babbitt separated from the connecting rods.

As suspected, Mattoon was hot with, if I remember correctly, 94 cars on the judging field. Still had a good time and the planners of the event did a great job in keeping us busy.

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Sorry about that.Well at least we were at the same meet.Yes I saw the 34 along side of the road on the Cambridge tour.What a shame to have such bad luck.Was your 28 the one my friend was taking pictures of under the hood etc. for help in putting his back together?Well I am sure we will meet in the future.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.