Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#290982 10/06/13 11:06 PM
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
hi
I was thinking about volunteering a couple of hours at hershey but cant find the forum discussion on it. If someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Cliff

1932 chevrolet 4 dr sedan... anything else ?
ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Cliff, contact information for membership assistance at the tent at Hershey is published in the October issue of the G & D on page 33. Contact Ken Farley at 540-248-0635 or at kkf163@ntelos.

Bill Masters
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Bill
Thank you for the info. I will contact Ken.
Cliff

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
You are welcome. Don't forget the picnic on Thursday. You can get directions to the picnic at the VCCA tent.

Bill Masters
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Hi Bill
Is the email for Ken complete ? Is it .net, .org etc etc.
I don't have this month's issue yet. :(
Thanks
Cliff

Last edited by clarkie64; 10/07/13 10:43 PM.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
Cliff, I am sorry for the mistake. It is .net.

Bill Masters
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
My friend (James Maggard from Lake Wales, FL) and I stopped by the VCCA tent at Hershey on Thursday. It was being maintained by at least two people. It was raining. Two other visitors came in just before us and struck up a conversation with one of the volunteers. My friend and I were ignored. There was no greeting or offering of recognition of any kind by the volunteers. Not even a "Get the h-ll out." Nothing.

After standing there for some time and to the point I expected to heard children singing "Ring around the Rosey" like we had the pox or something, we left.

Just stating a fact.

Charlie computer

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
That has been a criticism in the past. Many years ago when I was still going to Hershey people were ignored when they stopped by. At that time is was just an effort by VCCA members from New Jersey and not at all sponsored by the club. I would have expected it had gotten much better.

One comment I offer is that not all people are very outgoing, even when they are asked to help promote the VCCA. Our VCCA Region sponsors a both and car display at a large show in Houston over Thanksgiving weekend. We have members volunteer to man the booth, greet people and try to sign some up as VCCA and Region members. We offer free snacks and entry to the show to get people to volunteer. Unfortunately some pay more attention to their friends or the snacks than making people feel welcome and wanted.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000
Technical Advisor
ChatMaster - 10,000

I wonder if it was the weather and miserable conditions that influenced the atmosphere?

Agrin devil

RAY

Chevradioman
http://www.vccacolumbiariverregion.org/

1925 Superior K Roadster
1928 Convertible, Sport, Cabriolet
1933 Eagle, Coupe
1941 Master Deluxe 5-Passenger Coupe
1950 Styleline Deluxe 4-Door Sedan
1950 Styleline Deluxe Convertible
2002 Pontiac, Montana, Passenger Van
2014 Impala, 4-Door Sedan, White Diamond, LTZ
2017 Silverado, Double Cab, Z71, 4X4, White, Standard Bed, LTZ

If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.
Death is the number 1 killer in the world.

ChatMaster - 750
ChatMaster - 750
I stopped by there, and I was welcomed with a friendly greeting and an offer to sit and rest.

Bill Masters
ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
I have reviewed my earlier comment and wish to clear up something.

The general atmosphere at the time my friend and I stopped by was miserable owing the weather. I'm sure that contributed to the mood of the volunteers and to my friend and me as well.

I do want all if you to know that I appreciate all volunteers. It is not a small thing for them to donate their time and efforts. I think the timing of our visit was just a hiccup in what was otherwise a great showing of the VCCA flag.

Bless all you volunteers.

Charlie computer

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
just my 2 cnets........my Son and I stopped by the VCCA tent at one time on Thursday.....it was pouring.....we got a hello and that was it.......but it was a friendly hello and there were others there sitting and in conversation.....I was satisfied that there was a friendly and dry place to stop for a minute or two.......Later Thursday I learned from a friend of the picnic that night and was told to go back to the tent to get the information......my son and I did that and this time once inside the VCCA tent WE initiated the conversation by asking about the picnic.....what a huge difference.....it was like a code word.....same friendly folks....but we just somehow gave the signal that we were in the club and the conversation flowed........both were fine encounters.....one was just a whole lot more engaging.....FYI.... stressed......we were so soaked and exhausted by 5pm that day that we went back to the hotel in Harrisburgh at 6pm and fell asleep and woke up with only 45 mins to go on the picnic and missed it!!!! imsorry

We met many great friends and made some new ones.....even had a Road Tour of some high quality VCCA celebs stop at our house on Monday to check out our project(s) and offer much needed advice.....met some great new folks too......gotta LOVE the VCCA and all its volunteers!!! luv2

SEARCHING FOR GOOD QUALITY 1933 CHEVROLET MASTER ORIGINAL TRICO MIRRORS FOR SIDEMOUNTS. ALL LEADS APPRECIATED.
ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
Charlie,
Maybe they thought that you only were trying to get out of the weather? Either party can initiate the start of a conversation or relationship.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
Chipper,
After reading the above comments all I can say is if you hang out the welcome sign and invite people in, its customary to greet them. I'm sure the weather had much to do with how things went. Probably the only one not grumbling would be a guy selling umbrella's or rain gear.

Steve D
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I stopped by the tent briefly....some side discussions, which is normal...one gentleman asked if I would be interested in buying a sweatshirt...but I already had one...signed the book..took a few Tootsie rolls and departed....best deal I found in the flea!!!! Billu38

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.