Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I RESIDE IN THE CITY OF BALTIMORE AND NEED TO FIND A RELIABLE SHOP AND MECHANIC IN THIS AREA. I HAVE BEEN USING A GREAT GARAGE IN LAUREL, MARYLAND; HOWEVER, THE MECHANIC HAS RETIRED!

THE VEHICLE I OWN IS A 1941 SPECIAL DELUXE POLICE SPECIAL THAT HAS FRONT END/STEERING ISSUES. THE WHEEL HAS AN EXCESS OF "SLOP" WITH SOME MOVEMENT IN THE PITTMAN ARM. THAT'S SOME.

ANY IDEA ON WHAT PARTS OR ADJUSTMENTS ARE NECCESSARY TO FIX THIS SITUATION. ALL OF THE RUBBER BUSHINGS, ETC. IN THE LINKAGE ARE CRACKED, DRIED OUT AND USELESS!

I AM AT MARYLANDROSES@AOL.COM

ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Sounds as if the steering gear may need rebuilding and/or a major adjsustment.The pitman are is two pieces that are bolted together.There are 4 hard rubber insulators between the two sections .Very common for them to be very loose due to wear and the grease and oil that leaks on them.They are available from....fillingstation.com.....they also have reprints of the shop manual which can be a great help and other common front end parts.

Gene Schneider
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
Sounds as if the steering gear may need rebuilding and/or a major adjsustment.The pitman are is two pieces that are bolted together.There are 4 hard rubber insulators between the two sections .Very common for them to be very loose due to wear and the grease and oil that leaks on them.They are available from....fillingstation.com.....they also have reprints of the shop manual which can be a great help and other common front end parts.

Gene Schneider

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.