Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Sept. 29th signaled the beginning of the Fall touring season here in Southern Ontario, and a beautiful Sunday brought out the old Chevys! Eight cars and twelve couples joined us for a tour from Rockwood to New Hamburg, with a couple great stops along the way. Driving our '50 Convertible, we met up at Randy and Brenda Pettitt's ('58 Apache) house. With us were Paul & Maggie Rozon('53 Bel Air) Les & Bev Gadjacs('61 Impala), John & Happy Thompson('34 Master Coupe) George & Carol Warren('79 Impala) and set out for Mary Hill to view the Model A collection of Mr. Zettle from the H.A.S.C. club.

Randy and Brenda in the lead!

[Linked Image from i150.photobucket.com]

Mr. Zettle had four Model A's, including a Victoria, roadster, sedan, and roadster pickup. He also had a really great shop, filled with lots of old junk.

John and Happy Thompson's 1934 Master Coupe...

Next we headed out across Mennonite country, through Conestoga, and St. Jacobs on our way to New Hamburg for lunch. There we met up with Marv & Donna Hodgins ('36 Cabriolet), Don & Judy Lampkin ('79 Caprice Convertible) with Hector & Helen Beaudin, and Gerald Romke & his sister driving modern.

Marv & Donna's Cabriolet...

We parked across the road, and got this shot under a restored factory sign...

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4
ChatMaster - 3,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 3,000
Next it was off to Carl Koenig's place. Mr Koenig collects vintage sewing machines, and has a museum like display that he shares with others. We learnt a lot of history, and were really impressed with his display and hospitality.

Don & Randy check out some sewing machines...

While out in the driveway a car show happens!

Next we headed for Cambridge, and a stop at Dairy queen. We finished up and headed for home. John & Happy followed us all of the way to the edge of Bolton, then we were home for supper.

Those accustomed to the finest...find it in Chevrolet.
1953 Belair Convertible
1951 2dr Deluxe Sedan
2015 GMC SLE 4X4

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.