Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#280299 06/08/13 03:25 PM
Beamer Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,500
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,500
I put turn signals on my '48 Coupe and used a turn signal switch that has a bulb in the end of the stalk that blinks when you use the signal. Everything works, however, for a left turn, the stalk light blinks once and after that I just hear the clicking even though the lights are flashing normally. For a right turn, everything works normally. I replaced the flasher and the stalk bulb worked in both directions but at about 10 times the speed. Again, all the lights worked but at rapid fire. I know the lights all work; I know the stalk light works; I know the signal switch works, but what I don't know is why does the stalk bulb only work once for a left turn yet the turn signals are still working? Could it be both flashers I have tried are bad, they are both new, or does someone have any other ideas? Thanks. Beamer

Chat Region Member
2017 GMC Canyon
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
I had the same problem on my 1951 Chevrolet. On the left turn the light on the switch would only blink once and then quit but the left turn signals were working and I could hear the flasher unit working as well. Found out that I had a bad ground on the left front turn parking light/turn signal socket. Corrected the ground problem and the blinking light on my turn signal switch worked like it should.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.