Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChatMaster - 4,000
Online Content
ChatMaster - 4,000
Placed an order with The Filling Station 2 weeks ago and chose UPS shipping, package ws delivered in 5 business days, going completely cross the United States, West to East. Delivered on Time and in Great shape. No complaints here.

I just placed an order this morning for a few more parts, and chose USPS Priority mail, wondering if it will get here any quicker ?? That is the hope. Standard UPS is 5 business days coast to coast, and are usually right on the 5 day mark. USPS usually is 3 days coast to coast, lets see how they do on this one.

Also both orders are the same size, quantity and weight. so the packaging should be close. No did NOT order the same parts again, just similar in size & weight.

AACA - VCCA - Stovebolt - ChevyTalk
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
The last package I shipped via USPS was sent from NH to SC. Shipped on a Thursday and delivered the following Monday via priority mail about four lbs. for $12.35. I'm guessing you will have your package on Friday.

Steve D
Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I'll chime in with another positive experience with The Filling Station. I've been running their reproduction fuel tank in our Fleetline for a year without any problems. The first one I had did come with some quality issues, and they made it right and shipped to my work address to save me a few bucks. I have recommended them to any Chevrolet owner who needs good service and quality parts.

-Daryl Scott #45848
1947 Chevrolet Fleetline Sportmaster Sedan
1976 Chevrolet C20 Fleetside

ChatMaster - 4,000
Online Content
ChatMaster - 4,000
well my other Filling Station Order Arrived that Saturday !! SO USPS was a little Quicker then UPS.

Either way package was delivered promptly...

No complaints here, got to place another order here in a few days for more parts...

AACA - VCCA - Stovebolt - ChevyTalk
Love the Antique Chevrolet's from 1928-1932
The Beauty, Simplicity, History, and the Stories they Tell
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
UPS has an extra charge for Saturday delivery while the USPS does not.

Steve D
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
FedEx Ground also delivers on Saturday for free.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

"If It's Not Junk.....It's Not Treasure!"
ChatMaster - 7,000
ChatMaster - 7,000
I doubt the service and cost are comparable. When you have to pay twice as much up front "free" is not a bargain.

Steve D
ChatMaster - 3,000
ChatMaster - 3,000
USPS is two days, "Priority"...And about 3,sometimes 4, 1st Class, anywhere in the US. My experience...

1947 Fleetmaster Sport Coupe VCCA # 47475

If it's not wearing a Bowtie...It's not properly dressed...!
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
My experience......priority mail delivery to my house runs from 4 to 7 days. First class mail to my house takes 3 to 5 days. Got a priority mail package coming to me right now that was shipped last Friday (July 28th) via expedited priority mail. The tracking indicates that the package will be delivered on July 8th. That's 10 days for priority mail!! I guess if something is "expedited" it takes longer. If the package would have been shipped via FedEx Ground it would have arrived in four business days. mad

In comparison, I had a package shipped to me yesterday via FedEx Ground from the northern part of the state (about 290 miles away). The package went out last night and it arrived at my front door this morning at 11:55 AM PDT. Keep in mind that this is Ground and not over night, not second day and not third day delivery. Yes, FedEx is more expensive than the USPS but their service is a lot faster.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

Grease Monkey
Grease Monkey
Odd, USPS is by my favorite shipper. UPS is by far my Last choice. Slow service with a taste for losing my package. Really dislike shipping anything with ups...

Deep into restoring my grandfathers 1952 Chevy Hardtop.
'Don't do that, set the bar that low and it's pretty easy to step over' - ME
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Not odd.....I have constant, ongoing issues with the USPS and have had problems with them for many, many years.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

ChatMaster - 15,000
ChatMaster - 15,000
I have probably shipped 1000 packages by USPS in the past 10 years and received 2000. Only couple of times had a problem. Can't remember the last one. Have probably shipped a hundred by UPS with a few problems. Have failed to receive or had destroyed several irreplaceable items when shipped by UPS. Once even had a local UPS person to recommend sending fragile or irreplaceable items by FedEx or USPS. FedEx is my second choice. They are generally less expensive than UPS and even when they use contract people to deliver and pickup seem to do an adequate job. And to top it all off I have a great UPS delivery person.

I have instructed The Filling Station to use: USPS first, FedEx second and UPS as last resort.

So looks like service depends on the local people. Eagle Point must have some real duzzies.

How Sweet the roar of a Chevy four!
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Tech Advisor
ChatMaster - 25,000
Eagle Point must have some real duzzies.

Yep, you are right......Eagle Point does have some real duzzies (especially the relief letter carriers). When they are on the route it is amazing that I actually get any mail at all. Talk to my neighbors and they will tell you the same thing. However, about half of my issues with the USPS stem from the national delivery before the packages or letters arrive at the Eagle Point post office. In my area, the main topic of conversation is the USPS and the total lousy service that they provide, and the issues with the USPS have even been discussed on talk radio and on the national news as well.

The only carrier that I use for shipping packages now is FedEx. Except for letters, I will ship absolutely nothing via USPS.

laugh wink beer2

The Mangy Old Mutt

ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog
Eagle Point must have some real duzzies.

Yep, you are right......Eagle Point does have some real duzzies (especially the relief letter carriers). When they are on the route it is amazing that I actually get any mail at all. Talk to my neighbors and they will tell you the same thing. However, about half of my issues with the USPS stem from the national delivery before the packages or letters arrive at the Eagle Point post office. In my area, the main topic of conversation is the USPS and the total lousy service that they provide, and the issues with the USPS have even been discussed on talk radio and on the national news as well.

The only carrier that I use for shipping packages now is FedEx. Except for letters, I will ship absolutely nothing via USPS.

laugh wink beer2

I'm with the (DOG ) on this one. u.s.p.s. is the worst ever !
Most of the time you could walk the mail faster than they can
transport it. Many more horror story's but I won't get into
that now. U.S.P.S. potty hood

p.k.

1956 BEL AIR 2 DOOR HARDTOP

I've spent most of my money on Booze,Women and mechanical things. The rest I just Wasted........

Remember , I'm not Always Right. But I'm Never Wrong !
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.