Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hello everyone in Area 8!

Are their any plans for Nationally Judged show in Area 8 for 2012??

Seems there has been a drought of shows for this Area the last two years. It sure would be nice to see everyone again!

Oliver J. Giorgi
Technical Advisor
1958 Passenger Car
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Oliver,

I see that there have been about 39 views and no replies. So, since I am the Area Director for Area 8 I can comment.

Funny you ask because I had an email from a member asking about 2012 Events planned in South NJ or Philly.

I know of no “VCCA Events” coming up in Area 8. There is a Lakeland Region sponsored show with automotive and craft flea market on May 27th. There are events coming up in New York. Check your March G&D.

Obviously it takes volunteers to put on a Meet type event with judging or a tour. Are you willing to take the lead and create an event? Most of the time a “local” region takes the action to create an event. Again it takes planning and people. Perhaps a tour with several Area 8 Regions would be something of interest and would not take lots for time to organize.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am open for ideas and will certainly assist where I can to get an event going.

Regards,

Jim M.

Backyard Mechanic
OP Offline
Backyard Mechanic
Hi Jim,

Thank you for the reply.

I guess I got spoiled with the various National shows held in PA and NJ since 2006. I could not make the Anniversary event in Flint due to work responsibilities... but there has been a 2 year furlough of events in my opinion - and this group really knows how to put on a shindig.

Just wanted to get a few cars on the show field before I have to replace the floor pans once more! LOL

Oliver J. Giorgi
Technical Advisor
1958 Passenger Car
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
There will be a 2013 Judged Meet and All-Cylinder Tour, cohosted by Area 8 Central Jersey Region and Pine Barrens Touring Region.

For more info click HERE

The registration form for this event has been added to the Members-Only section on the VCCA website. Here are the directions to find the registration form.

Go to http://vcca.org/members/

Login

Under the "My Account" box

Click on “Resource Center”

Near the top of the page (right of center) under the “Meets & Events" TAB, click on “Registration Packets”

Click on “1 -2013 CURRENT/” Filer folder

There you should find the Hudson Registration form in Word and PDF versions.

Last edited by Chevykid; 03/04/13 12:44 AM. Reason: update directions

Regards,

Jim M.

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.