Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
I have a nice 3 wire turn signal switch that came with my 51 3100 it screws to the column and has a off white plastic end for the lever. I would like to use this for my restore but the wire suplier says i need a new 7 wire. has any one over come this and used the original for full function front and rear signals. Lou

1951 chevy PU truck 3100 short bed frame off restore
ChatMaster - 25,000
ChatMaster - 25,000
That is not a correct Chevrolet accessory signal switch. Thr correct switch has a chrome lever with no knob and has a green pilot light + a rubber roller for the self canceling feature. Also the Guide name.

Gene Schneider
Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
From what I know and I have tried to make my three wire turn signal work. You will not be able to make it work unless you add on four extra lights two up front, two at the rear and one on each side. Thats why they had lights on top of the fender. One wire is left (front and back) and the other is right (front and back). The other is power.

ChatMaster - 10,000
ChatMaster - 10,000
Making the three wire switch work does not necessarily require 3 lamps on the right and 3 lamps on the left. what is required is to have enough current load to activate the flasher and make it flash at the right speed. no current flow or low current flow the switch won't flash and too much current flow the flasher will flash too fast or not at all.

Do you have a wireing diagram and specs for the flasher?

Life's a long winding trail, love Jesus and ride a good horse!

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.