I have received some questions from a friend in USA, and which I need help to reply:

Have a couple of questions, I'm looking at my part list model 490, 1916 - 1918 & on page 86, it shows a generator # 40089, and that's what I have on my 1923, the other day it quit charging, so I pulled the requlator apart, model # 41189 on page 92. The flat lead from the cut out over to the wire terminal had come apart. So being of the nature where it was rivited from the factory, I drilled a hole in the bottom of the relay stud, threaded it for a small screw & scdered them both together. And now the question: it worked for a very short time, like maybe 1/2 day, then it quit. I know the battery is low & the engine is still up to charging speed. What am I doing wrong?

I pulled the old square style generator off to compare with another square generator I had. It looked the same It looked the same as 40089, but there are 2 screws coming out of the front mounting plate, that are way different. So is the spare one I have for a way earlier Chevy? Both have a floating third brush. If it's not for mine & it will fit yours, great. I put the newer 1923 round generator on & trying to figure out what to do with the first one, 40089. Too bad you're not closer, you could load up the whole damn thing & take it home with you! (Even the extra complete running gear)

Greetings from
Fred mtnwmn1@centurytel.net
406-257-7596

Agrin

Solan G, # 32797

Take advantage in your hobby by being member of VCCA!