Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
ChatMaster - 1,500
ChatMaster - 1,500
Hmmm, Looks a little more interesting than the Triple XXX you took me to when I was in Seattle. devil

I think I'm a fairly wise person because I'm smart enough to realise I'm not too bright.
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
Ha ha... Sorry JerryGolf. You are correct!!! It was MUCH better.

DAY SEVENTEEN (Last day)

Woke up today with good memories of a great dinner last night. I'm sure glad that we took some photos since our memories were a little "clouded" this morning. (Also known as "hungover") togo

Our Hampton Inn was the BEST motel that we've stayed at in the past 17 days. The room was excellent, smelled good and only cost $117. Wow. Oh, the "free" breakfast was also the best of any hotel that we've stayed at. Just thought that you'd like to know.

Reluctantly we left the hotel and passed by the dark restaurant next door. Two big Owl Eyes stared at us. At least they looked like Owl Eyes in the daytime.

We put the pedal to the metal and only an hour down the road we thought that we'd accidentally been transported to a mid-western state. But, nope, this REALLY is Eastern Washington State. (Sometimes promoted as "The Other Washington".)

[Linked Image from barkerville.net]

A little later we crossed to a county that obviously had water, and the palette changed. It's amazing what a little "green" does to the countryside.

Continuing on, the rolling hills began to give way to the "foothills".

Then an amazing view as we dropped down to cross over the Columbia River (in the middle of the state).

Climbing from there, we began to see the "greening of America"... in the form of large windmills looking for unsuspecting birds. :-)

In case you ever come this way, you might want to stop in George, Washington for gas. Or just skip the restaurant and only fuel up the car. ?!?!

Lunchtime. And there's no place better to stop than the Flying A in Ellensburg. I had a mushroom burger with swiss cheese - and a chocolate shake. Afterwards I drove my truck and trailer through their photo prop. I didn't realize until later that I had JUST MISSED WIPING OUT their roof with my trailer. Ouch. THAT would have been embarrassing - and expensive.

Continued in the next posting.

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
OP Offline
Former ChatMaster
ChatMaster - 5,000
THE END

Here it is. What you've been waiting for. The end of these huge photo files and waiting for them to download when reading my ramblings. Ha!

As we continued heading westward, there began to be hints on the horizon of what this wonderful state is all about. What the heck is that white-stuff off in the distant?

At every turn we saw the snow-capped peaks beckoning us. In July!!

Working our way up the last major mountain pass (Snoqualmie), we passed by Spirit Lake. Probably one of the coldest that you'd ever swim in - if you were dumb enough. It is fed entirely from melting snow.

Finally at the mountain pass summit, we swung in for a quick peek of the ski lifts. I always wondered what was under all of that snow. Ugly gravel.

45 minutes later we arrived in Issaquah - my home town. And we just had to swing by the Triple X. (Are you listening Jerry?) This is where you can always find some hot cars and people jiving to the music of the 50's and 60's. The food is good, and as Jerry can attest, the gals are even better. (Look for a posting from about three years ago.)

Now this little journey wouldn't be complete unless we saw one last photo of my traveling companion, Bob, with another doe-eyed gal. He has a knack for always wooing the ladies. Silver-tongued does not do justice to his banter. Whether it's at Hooters or my house, he's got them eating out of his hand. I'm honored to be his wing-man.
chevy

Detail: When we pulled into my driveway this afternoon, the trip odometer rolled to 2,502 miles since we left Flint. Along with the 2,250 miles that we drove getting there, I think that it'll soon be time for an oil change. The funny thing is that I just got one 3 days before we left.

So here's one final salute to a great guy, who stuck with me for the past 17 days and always laughed at my jokes. A guy who bought the beer when the stores wouldn't honor my ID. A guy who doesn't snore at night. A guy who is a babe-magnet.

(And a guy to whom I still owe one-half of all of the motel bills.)
rolllaugh

Two minutes after we arrive at my house, Bob was once again putting the moves on the best looking gal at my house...
......... my granddaughter Cassie.
Oh, well... I should have known. haha

God bless you Bob... and thanks to everyone who made our visit to Flint so memorable.
We had a great time.
And a note to my doctor: The weight that I put on was probably due to the limited time that I had for exercising. iagree
I know that it wasn't due to the beer that I drank.
Bob says that Lite Beer doesn't have any calories.

God bless him, again.
thanku

Bill Barker
Previous VCCA CHAT Administrator
(VCCA Member: 9802)
ChatMaster - 4,000
ChatMaster - 4,000
Great travelogue Bill. Good to read all the stories about you and Helgy. Nice to
see all the pictures, also. Job well done!!!

Twould be fine with me if you did an addendum or two. Additonal stories,
pictures, whatever....

Bill.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Bill,

Wonderful journal. It was great to follow you guys along your trip to and from Flint.

Bob/Bill, great photos!

Glad you made it home safely.

I hope you recycled all of those beer cans/bottles.

Regards,

Jim M.

Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
Your diary was great!! I couldn't go to Flint because of health reasons and your pictures and comments made my absence OK . Thanks so much, Bill.....
..............Joe

ChatMaster - 6,000
ChatMaster - 6,000
Bill
I agree with all comments above about your travelogue. I will bet it is good to be back at home with family though.
Bob does seem the have a way with the pretty women though, Cassie will probably be around the longest though.

Thank you for the combined efforts of you and Bob.

Tony

1938 1/2 ton Hope to drive it before I retire
ChatMaster - 1,000
ChatMaster - 1,000
Thanks Billy that was fun!!

Enjoyed the ride,
Michael41

Shade Tree Mechanic
Shade Tree Mechanic
Great trip! Enjoyed following along in your travelogue.
Now you've got me think'n maybe I can do the same thing going the opposite direction in 5 years!

Last edited by Impalaman; 08/06/11 02:05 PM.

Brad Adcock
Director NIR of VCCA
1960 Impala Sport Sedan
1962 Impala Sport Coupe
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
4 members (ruscar, Dogbreath, minetto, 1 invisible), 68 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,070
Posts429,052
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.