Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Visit the new site at vcca.org

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
glyn Offline OP
ChatMaster - 1,000
OP Offline
ChatMaster - 1,000
The post about buzzers brought to mind a problem I have with my aftermarket turn signal on the 52, when first installed the light in the handle of the switch would come on one time, that has since stopped and although I have cleaned ground spost of the steering column,cleaned all grounds and installed a ground from frame to ground cable cannot get the light to work as it is supposed to. I have checked the bulb it is good, I have replaced it with a new 6V that is a little to large but does not work any better. Any suggestions. I purchased the unit from the "Filling Station" several years ago. I am just now getting around to nit picking things.

Oil Can Mechanic
Oil Can Mechanic
I couldnt imagine, myself. Perhaps something faulty in the switch. A wire comming loose from a soldered joint. Anythings possible. I was very choosey when it came to a turn signal system. One thing is to stay away from ebay and the exessive cromey jobs becouse they have China stamped all over'em. I baught the signa-flair 900 from snyders which is U.S. made. Or they were at the time. No problems.

In my shop, quality is a standard, NOT and option.
Backyard Mechanic
Backyard Mechanic
are you using a 3 prong flasher one prong is power in one is power to signal lights the other goes too the warning light if it doesn't work change flasher good luck

Link Copied to Clipboard

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.