Reproduction Parts for 1916-1964 Chevrolet Passenger Cars & 1918-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Trucks

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#199514 03/01/11 01:48 AM
73SS454 Offline OP
Grease Monkey
OP Offline
Grease Monkey
Fellow Members,
The NJ region will be traveling to the 2011 Flint Anniversary meet beginning on Saturday July 17th. We will be traveling up PA. Rt. 476 (northeast ext. PA. TPK.) then heading west on Rt. 80 toward Toledo, OH. We will arrive at exit 98 in DuBois about 2-3 pm. Once there, we will be touring the private Muscle Car collection of Mr. Don Fezell of Du Bois. This collection is a private one, and is not generally open to the public. Mr. Fezell is a good personal friend of mine and has graciously agreed to open the collection to a group of us. The collection is one of the most comprehensive and significant ones in the country. As an example, there are 4 (yes... I said 4) 1963 Z-11 lightweight Impalas in the collection including Z-11 No.1, "The Old Reliable" driven by Dave Strickler and wrenched by Bill Jenkins. Of course there are many other significant cars in the collection from many different manufacturers as well. He is located only a few miles off of Rt. 80 at exit 98.

If you are not taking our exact route, but would like to meet us at in that area, that is fine, but please contact me ASAP as I must start compiling a record of those planning to attend. The plan is to view the cars for about 2-3 hours as time allows. We will be having dinner in the area afterwards and also be spending the night at a local hotel. Mr. Fezell is a business man in the area and has agreed to try and help us secure a block of hotel rooms. He has assured me there are several nice ones for us to choose from, but that we need to make reservations ASAP as there is much going on in that area during the summer months. We will be continuing onto Flint on Sunday morning with an expected driving time of approximately 5-6 hours, so it will be a short travel day arriving well before dinnertime Sunday afternoon.

As we start to get a better idea of who will be attending, the Hotel info will be made available for all to make their own reservations so that you may arrive whenever you like. I will also try to get some dining info and make that available to all as well.

If you can, please take this opportunity and plan to attend, you will not be disappointed, I assure you!

Don Bock 856-467-7966

ChatMaster - 2,000
ChatMaster - 2,000
I would love to attend, but I will be tied up with the 48th Central Meet in Dundee, Michigan. I would love to see that Muscle Car collection. A friend of mine in Hartville, Oh has one of Dave Strickler's Old Reliable Chevys that is restored.
see you all in Flint.

dtm

the toolman
60th Anniversary Meet Chairperson
Dave
VCCA # L 28873
VCCA #83 Tool Technical Advisor for 1914-1966
VCCA #83 1940 Chevrolet Technical Advisor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Support The VCCA!

Enjoy the forum? Become a VCCA member! The World's Best Chevrolet and GMC Club!

Member Photos
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS
by DreamChevy, February 17
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
My 1933 Chevy 2 Dr. Sedan
by 1939Chevy1, November 24
Back on the road 79 years later
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
2 1927 Chevrolet Trucks
by 1927TRUCKS, June 7
Who's Online Now
3 members (conv48, Morten, Keith Knox), 75 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
NeilA, Jayhicks, Tomvanhouten, Dads29Chevy, Tractorman
18,308 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aristech, RalphL, tonysk
Forum Statistics
Forums58
Topics59,071
Posts429,067
Members18,308
Most Online1,133
Jan 22nd, 2020

Notice: Any comments posted herein do not necessarily reflect the official position of the VCCA.